Senior Manager, Proposal Management – Spectrum EnterpriseApply Now Date posted 03/19/2019 Requisition Number: 231575BR-2 Location: United States - Connecticut - Stamford Area of Interest: Business Affairs/Development/Analysis, Sales, Telecommunications Position Type: Full Time
Spectrum Enterprise is seeking a Senior Manager for Proposal Management to join our Enterprise Sales Operations team. This role will be based out of New York, NY or Stamford, CT. Below is a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
This individual will manage a highly professional team that provides opportunity lifecycle management for all proposal and strategic opportunities in the Government, Education and Healthcare business sector. Working in conjunction with the sales teams, this individual manages the coordination of cross-functional efforts on specific client opportunities. This position constantly interfaces with leaders across all organizational functions to provide opportunity status and issue resolution. Under this leader, Proposal Managers and Senior Proposal Specialists ensure that special pricing, special terms and legal/contract issues, project management, engineering, and operations approvals are obtained from key stakeholders. The Senior Manager of Proposal Management is tasked with working multiple opportunities simultaneously. The Senior Manager-Proposal Management ensures that all management reporting needs are met, serves as a point of escalation, interfaces with other cross-functional areas, and is prepared to support the Sales Teams in customer negotiation strategy sessions, as necessary.
What You Will Do
- Manage professionals responsible for end-to-end coordination of opportunities throughout the opportunity lifecycle management process.
- Lead status meetings across multiple internal and external organizations to obtain key stakeholder approvals and resolve critical issues.
- Work with sales leadership to develop winning strategies that drive opportunities for successful completion.
- Utilize extensive knowledge of eRate and Rural Health Care Provider Federal Funding administered by USAC.
- Position sales team for success using advanced knowledge of consortia buying strategies and competitor positioning within the Government/Education and Healthcare business sector.
- Leverage Government, Education and Healthcare knowledge to best position Spectrum Enterprise services for success in retention of existing customer base and growth with prospect accounts.
- Report the status and metrics of opportunities, associated project management activities and results.
- Seven or more years of broad communications industry experience
- Five or more years of experience leading cross-functional teams within Government, Education or Healthcare
- Five or more years of experience in Project Management and/or Sales Leadership
- Ability to manage multiple opportunities simultaneously
- Ability to work with multiple internal and external organizations and develop preferred positions and recommendations to drive opportunities for completion
- Identify, quantify and prioritize risks for opportunities as they arise throughout the opportunity management process
- Ability to develop and deliver opportunity status presentations for executive level review
- Ability to develop and improve the opportunity management process to obtain efficiencies in handling workflow
- Ability to develop a broad understanding of the Spectrum Enterprise organizations, its processes and systems
- Ability to work effectively with minimum direction
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills combined with critical thinking
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Highly proficient with project management tools, office tools, Salesforce.com and presentation tools
- Experience with sales contracts
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business related field (required)
- Master’s Degree in business or finance (preferred)
- Project management certification (preferred)
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications
reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified
employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum
qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability,
national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal,
state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go