Program Manager - Spectrum EnterpriseApply Now Date posted 02/08/2019 Requisition Number: 232461BR Location: United States - Ohio - Cincinnati Area of Interest: Operations/General, Telecommunications Position Type: Full Time
This position is responsible for managing one or more highly complex or enterprise-wide program(s) consisting of multiple projects. This role ensures the successful integration of several projects and adjusts project scope, timing, and budgets as needed, based on the needs of the business. This job requires extensive technical and project management experience.
What You Will Do
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Develop the program strategy, supporting business case and various high-level project plans.
- Ensure integration of projects and adjusts project scope, timing, and budgets as needed, based on the needs of the business. May also coordinate with multiple project managers to assemble overall program plan.
- Serve as a mentor to project managers and project leaders to educate and assist them in implementing project management processes and making improvement/changes.
- Accountable for the execution of established project management processes and methodologies to ensure delivery of project scope on time and within budget while meeting or exceeding quality standards and customer expectations.
- Accountable for plans and teamwork assignments, directing work efforts, reviewing integrated project plans, escalating and communicating resource needs, ensuring completion of quality reviews, and driving the resolution of issues as appropriate.
- Communicate with leadership and other stakeholders on program strategy, direction and changes.
- Responsible for delivering all projects contained in the project portfolio on time, within budget and meeting the strategic and business requirements.
- Responsible for tracking key project milestones and recommending adjustments to Project Managers.
- Partner with senior leadership of the business community to identify and prioritize opportunities to achieve the goals of the enterprise.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the design, development and implementation of the program.
- Mentor a team of project managers and/or other project management staff.
- Seven or more years of IT or Engineering work experience
- Five or more years of Project Management experience
- Ability to work independently with no supervision and guidance
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to define key performance indicators/metrics
- Ability to effectively analyze and interpret data
- Ability to show sound judgment and initiative to accomplish job duties
- Ability to document, prepare, and deliver data-driven presentations
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
- Ability to influence internal and external key stakeholders and build consensus
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with peers and project members
- Superb ability to oversee and manage large, complex, diverse and strategic projects that impact the organization as a whole
- Excellent ability in implementing program and project plans and monitor progress, resource usage and quality
- Advanced understanding and ability to manage complex program and project budgets
- Advanced knowledge in conducting risk assessments and developing plans for eliminating or mitigating the risks identified
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field, or equivalent experience (required)
- Project Management certification or successful completion of a recognized project management curriculum (preferred)
- Office Environment
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go