Principal Engineer IApply Now Date posted 01/09/2019 Requisition Number: 232325BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations, Telecommunications Position Type: Full Time
Charter Communications is America’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products. Charter is at the intersection of technology and entertainment, facilitating essential communications that connect 24 million residential and business customers in 41 states. Our commitment to serving customers and exceeding their expectations is the bedrock of Charter’s business strategy and it’s the philosophy that guides our 90,000 employees.
Responsible for architecture, design, prototyping and implementation in the areas of Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Sensor Fusion, Pattern Recognition, Large Scale Data Mining or Artificial Intelligence. Develops solutions in areas such as natural language processing, network predictive maintenance, and subscriber behavioral targeting with a focus on integration into service commercialization. Works closely with engineering teams on system design and configuration. Advanced technical and design skills. Collaborates with the design teams and advises team leaders.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Creates quick Proof of Concepts (POC) through initiative, that help build rich deep learning experience for the organization.
Assigned complex and critical projects that involve several technical systems and constituents.
Designs, implements, monitors, enhances and troubleshoots systems in assigned areas.
Analyzes and revises existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary.
Tests and reviews system designs.
Provides Engineering Technical support and guidance to regional personnel and ensure all technical integration, changes, standards and documentation are met.
Mentors and guides the work of senior technical staff.
Reviews work plans and designs and advises on improvements.
Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
Knows, understands and follows company policy.
Performs other duties as requested by manager.
• Hands on experience in provisioning and activation of Consumer premise devices using CSG and ICOMS Billing systems.
• Hands on experience with Amazon web services testing.
• Hands on experience with Network packet captures using Wireshark tool, DOCSIS3.0/3.1 testing.
• Hands on experience with tracking tools like JIRA, ALM, Bugzilla.
• Hands on experience with GitHub, SVN repository tools.
• Hands on experience with Order Management( OSM, UIM, Solo DB)
• Experience in using Cassandra database, Oracle database.
• Experience in DAC Controller and CISCO EC Controllers
• Hands on experience in MONROE EAS Controller
• Hands experience with CLMS application.
• Hands on SPLUNK Usage experience
• Hands one experience in using Automation tools like Selenium, Appium, API testing.
• Hands on experience in Site Core Content Management tool
• Experience in firmware, Hardware and Software Integration, Regression testing of the application.
• Design, review and test black box, Integration and UAT testing in identifying & executing test scripts.
• Develop, design and review Test plan and Test Cases for creating Video orders, activate devices, disconnect (Voluntary & Non Pay), swap devices, create and refresh entitlements.
• Review and test back end database testing using SQL in SOLO DB, Vantage DB systems.
• Report daily project updates that includes Test Metrics and status reports
• Responsible for all activities during each testing phase of a project or program.
• Knowledge of scrum and agile process.
• End 2 end testing of iOS and Android devices on multiple versions of iOS and Android OS.
• Excellent written communication skills and highly organized and detail-oriented and Fosters an environment of teamwork, transparency and accountability.
• Versatile technical Testing, Project or Product leader with proven knowledge of enterprise-level cable and telecommunications products, solutions and architectures.
Knowledge of company products and services
• 8-10 years of experience with mix of testing Data/ Network/ IT/Video/Software tools.
• Experience in managing projects through the software development life cycle.
• Experience with software and product testing and launch processes.
• Hands on experience in iOS and Android devices.
• Experience in managing multiple projects at the same and deliver the releases on time.
• Expertise in testing the applications in waterfall, V-Model and AGILE methodologies.
• Working knowledge of using XCODE for simulator based testing for IOS Devices.
• Expertise in testing and ROOT CAUSE ANALYSIS on Web Based, Client-Server based Applications, embedded systems, mobile applications.
• Experience with testing and analyzing JSON, AWS.
• Developed Automation framework based on Continuous Integration using Jenkins and maven repository.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelors or Master’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering or Science field plus 8 – 10 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
Related Work Experience Number Of Years
Engineering work experience 8-10
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go