EngineerApply Now Date posted 01/19/2019 Requisition Number: 234296BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations Position Type: Full Time
The successful candidate will work in a broad range of technology disciplines including embedded systems, software development, architectural design, and implementation. This role will also develop interfaces to third-party ecosystems to enhance the capabilities of connected devices.
As a member of this newly created group, the candidate will be afforded a great deal of latitude to choose technologies used for prototyping and implementation. This role requires a high degree of creativity and the ability to work independently to innovate in emerging technology areas.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop solution prototypes and work with other teams to refine and create technology demos
- Rapid development of software prototypes in a variety of subject areas
- Evaluate and coordinate vendor integration activities
- Implement and test highly available REST API endpoints at scale
- Participate in technology demo presentations
- Demonstrate broad knowledge of existing distributed system and Internet application architectures, and the ability to creatively invent and customize solutions.
- Strong understanding of OpenSync CPE software stack
- Software development experience for embedded devices on OpenWRT
- Understanding of software abstraction layer concepts
- Rapid prototyping hardware and software platforms such as Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, etc.
- Proficiency developing in C/C++ / Go, Python, Ruby, Node.js
- Ability to work independently and ramp up quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with SCM systems such as Git
- Understanding of challenges operating large-scale distributed systems
- Experience working with AWS, OpenStack, or other cloud infrastructure technologies
- Experience with infrastructure tools such as Docker, Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go