Sr. Application Developer - MediaApply Now Date posted 02/26/2019 Requisition Number: 235264BR Location: United States - North Carolina - Charlotte Area of Interest: Ad Sales, Engineering/Technical Operations, Information Technology Services, Internet/Online/New Media, Operations/General Position Type: Full Time
With offices in 41 states and 147 markets, Spectrum Reach covers over 27 million households throughout the country. From traditional commercial advertising to exciting new possibilities in interactive media and multi-screen solutions, Spectrum Reach’s consultative team brings advertisers effective, efficient ways to turn our audiences into their customers.
Sr. Front-End Web Developer
The Application Development team of Spectrum Reach is seeking a Full Stack .NET Application Developer, with emphasis on the front-end, to assist in the development of internal & external tools for business operations and customer facing interactions. The ideal candidate will be comfortable designing, developing, and supporting the company’s websites, APIs, cloud integration initiatives, and other digital business technologies. This includes the identification and implementation of new applications, features and web technologies.
You will be part of a growing development team responsible for developing industry-leading enterprise-level applications. In this role you will be responsible for the design, development, documentation and testing of production-level, mission-critical enterprise web-based software within a distributed n-tier environment.
- 7+ year of enterprise level experience in designing, developing, testing and maintaining elements of modern n-tier applications, built using Microsoft and common web technologies
- Solid understanding of MVC/MVVM, and JS frameworks such as Angular/React (or equivalent), consuming REST APIs using AJAX and promises, and good design patterns for structuring SPAs
- Strong working knowledge in Object Oriented Design, C#, .NET 4.0+, n-tier applications, HTML 5/CSS3, JSON/XML, SQL Server 2014/2016, and ORMs like Entity Framework/Dapper (or equivalent)
- Experience with service-oriented architecture (SOA) using .NET technologies, and experience with or understanding of Web API, .NET Core, and microservices
- Ability to work as part of a team in a collaborative environment, and understanding of version control systems like TFS/SVN/GIT
- Feel for good design, and the ability to use frameworks like Bootstrap (or equivalent) to create user-friendly and familiar navigation and page layouts
- Extensive experience in UI development and the ability to learn and integrate external third-party JS libraries if necessary
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting abilities
- Understanding of cloud computing and utilizing cloud environments such as AWS
- Automated test experience (Unit, integration and system level)
- Knowledge and understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC): code control, build and deployment
- Ability to communicate with primary application stakeholders and translate business requirements into manageable pieces of development work
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications
reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified
employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum
qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability,
national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal,
state or local laws.