Director, Database Marketing Campaign Operations – QA roleApply Now Date posted 03/17/2019 Requisition Number: 235767BR Location: United States - Connecticut - Stamford Area of Interest: Marketing, Sales, Telecommunications Position Type: Full Time
This role is responsible for designing, improving, and maintaining quality assurance of key marketing processes in a fast paced production environment. This person has to ensure quality marketing communications across many functions including List Process, Lead Generation, Direct Mail, Print Production, Email deployment, and Billing integration. This job entails implementing QA methodologies, writing complex queries, working across disparate data sets, streamlining process, and automating audits. This individual needs to be able to work in a live production environment with constant overlapping marketing campaigns and cannot slow down the pace of operations while assuring quality marketing communications. This person is also required to work with many marketing teams and will need to partner to create end to end quality execution across the separate teams.
Individuals working in a near perfect process with numerous controls will not be a good fit, as this person will have to work in an opposite environment where robust controls do not currently exist, speed to market is key, flexibility is required, and last minute changes occur. This person will need to work with multiple marketing teams and will need to see the bigger picture and understand our marketing strategy to enable all audits are accounted for.
This person needs to create sound audits from two directions, bottom up and top down. This person needs to understand that the last “look back” before a campaign launches and hits customers is the most important step to ensure overall counts are aligned with the expected strategy. However, this person also needs to understand the individual steps that lead to final list selection, and make sure no errors occur in each of these steps.
Knowledge base should include: telecommunications marketing operations, exception based auditing, data sampling, LEAN methodologies, SixSigma quality, Print Production, Proofing, billing systems, operational risk management.
Soft Skills: Clear communication is key. The ability to articulate root causes in a chaotic swirl of disparate data is critical. The ability to partner with many teams which have different functional silos and goals is also critical. A clear understanding of the ultimate marketing objective for our various campaigns is also key.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Quality Assurance for Marketing and List Operations
- Provide QA support in a live marketing production environment
- Oversee one individual SME and partner with a number of marketing departments.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- SQL, complex joins, ETL, File Transfer, writing tables, QuerySurge, Oracle
- Ability to understand and improve process.
- Knowledge base should include: telecommunications marketing operations, exception based auditing, data sampling, LEAN methodologies, SixSigma quality, Print Production, Proofing, billing systems, operational risk management.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, including customer analysis/modeling for product use
- Ability to be a dedicated and passionate advocate of the value of database marketing and data-driven decision making throughout the Charter organization
- Ability to identify analytical requirements for understanding shortfalls/excesses to appropriate marketing plans, campaigns, programs and initiatives
- Knowledge and first-hand familiarity with direct mail and outbound telemarketing tactics
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills with extensive experience providing keen insights and performing formal presentations to C-level executives and other senior management
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management
- Ability to maintain confidentiality (and honor all Charter customer privacy requirements)
- Honesty, business integrity and ethics
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time and handle shifting priorities
- Ability to communicate deliverables, timelines and obstacles to direct management
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties
- Ability to supervise and motivate others
- Ability to manage all phases of a large project from beginning to end with significant autonomy
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheet, etc.) and strong working knowledge of key customer analysis tools and solutions
- Knowledge of program testing, tracking, profiling, targeting, metrics and analysis
- Advanced SQL skills
- Professional expertise in 3rd party data providers and data enrichment strategies and techniques
- Advanced knowledge in creating operational segmentation and campaign cadence capabilities
- Advanced understanding of database technologies and database structures
- Understanding of ETL processes and the “pushing and pulling” of data across various environments
- Well versed in multi-channel marketing strategies, including email, direct mail, telemarketing, web site and customer service channels
- Understanding of campaign delivery platforms
Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, Management or related field; MBA or PhD preferred
Related Work Experience Number of Years
Database marketing experience 5+
Direct marketing experience 10+
QA experience in live production environment 5+
Minimal travel as needed
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications
reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified
employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum
qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability,
national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal,
state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go