Reporter/MMJ - Spectrum News BuffaloApply Now Date posted 02/26/2019 Requisition Number: 235297BR Location: United States - New York - Buffalo Area of Interest: Cable Television Production, Editorial, Network Television Production, News, Production Position Type: Full Time
Spectrum Networks is looking for enthusiastic, talented and driven individuals to join the best and brightest in gathering, producing and delivering news that make a difference within a 24-hour breaking news environment!
Spectrum News is a 24-hour breaking news network which requires employees who are flexible and available to work various shift, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
JOIN OUR JOURNEY IF…
You’re ready to inspire and be inspired! You’re passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers our local communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
A Spectrum Networks Reporter/MMJ will research, develop, write, edit, shoot and perform a live presentation of news stories on deadline. They will contribute to special features and stories. Participate in coordinating coverage of major stories, breaking news and specials.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create original news stories; gather information for news stories using beat sources, contacts and leads
- Build contacts and sources within the assigned bureau’s community
- Report within assigned deadlines
- Deliver news reports, including live reports, demonstrating energy, confidence, professional appearance and voice quality
- Write, shoot and edit own news stories for an assigned newscast or news series
- Combine video, audio and graphics to tell the story effectively
- Work with a photographer on occasion
- Work with assignment desk editors and master control operators and independently in the newsgathering process
- Responsible for representing channel in a professional manner
- Establish a community presence outside of the newscast
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field or comparable television work experience preferred
- 3 years television News reporting experience
- Must have sufficiently strong story development skills to submit original story ideas on a daily basis
- Live shot experience required
- Must be able to develop sources, work a beat, and break stories
- Must have strong on-camera skills
- Must have ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and work under time pressure deadline
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to clearly communicate solutions
- Ability to relate well with diverse populations and age groups
- Ability to interface with internal company personnel
- Ability to handle breaking news on-air
- Requires adaptability, enthusiasm, initiative and a positive approach to problem solving
- Must obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license for authorized driving in the State of residence
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications
reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified
employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum
qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability,
national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal,
state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go