Digital Product Manager - News and SportsApply Now Date posted 02/28/2019 Requisition Number: 236446BR-1 Location: United States - California - Los Angeles Area of Interest: Digital, Internet/Online/New Media, News, Product Management, Sports Position Type: Full Time
What is Spectrum Networks: Spectrum Networks is a growing organization, home of 27 Local News Channels nationwide and 9 Local/Regional Sports Channels, inclusive of 3 Los Angeles based Sports Networks. Spectrum Networks is the news and sports division of Charter Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: CHTR), the leading broadband communications company and the second-largest cable operator in the United States.
The Spectrum Sports Environment: Spectrum Sports employs the industries best sports TV makers and technological innovators. Employees are required to be flexible and available to work various shifts throughout the day, including mornings, late evenings, weekends and holidays as we strives to connect viewers to their home teams. Spectrum Sports broadcast live sporting events for various professional, collegiate and high school sports teams most notably the Lakers, Dodgers, Galaxy, Sparks, WCC and CIF State Championships in the Los Angeles area.
Spectrum Networks Employees: are passionate and driven, and can thrive in a competitive, fast-paced and fiercely accurate sports reporting environment. They are creative and/or highly technical with a desire to leverage their knowledge, skills and abilities to share team stories with depth and access. They are nimble and learn quickly, enabling themselves to pivot when new information is acquired within an ever-changing environment. They are team players with positive attitudes and strong interpersonal skills. They have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
What we’re looking for: Spectrum Networks currently seeks a highly-motivated and results-oriented Product Manager for its 27 hyper-local news and 9 regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter Communications, Inc. The Product Manager will play an integral role on the digital team and be responsible for leading product development initiatives to improve user experience, drive traffic and engagement and streamline backend workflows for the News and Sports network websites and apps. He/she will need to be able to work effectively cross-functionally with technology, content, sales and marketing teams to execute against product development initiatives. A digital media background, track record of launching successful consumer-facing products and strong knowledge of the software development lifecycle are a must. Experience with digital marketing tools and an understanding of data analytics are also essential.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess stakeholder input, digital trends, competitive landscape, customer feedback, and data analytics to identify product enhancement or new product opportunities
- Prioritize product development initiatives and manage the product roadmap
- Execute product development initiatives from start-to-finish to ensure requirements and deadlines are met and provide regular status updates to senior management
- Write functional specs, create wireframes, oversee comp creation, and produce any other documentation necessary to communicate requirements to technology team
- Develop and coach junior product staff, managing their day-to-day activities and work
- Analyze content effectiveness, build tools, and streamline workflows to help content teams work more efficiently
- Support sales team as necessary on new monetization opportunities and proposals
- Work with marketing team to promote products, as well as execute digital marketing campaigns on social media, email and other platforms
- Track KPIs and produce weekly/monthly reports for stakeholders
- Stay current on digital trends and evaluate third-party vendors/tools for potential use
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, other departments and partners
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and problem solving skills
- Consumer-facing product experience with a strong UX background and knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Leadership ability with a desire to coach and help others grow
- Creative thinker with the ability to work cross-functionally to gain buy-in and execute ideas
- Experience with digital marketing tools on social media, email and other platforms
- Understanding of data analytics with the ability to make data-driven decisions
- Ability and eagerness to learn from a new environment and make an impact quickly
- Ability to manage and foster change
- Ability to listen to multiple points of view and synthesize against goals for recommendations
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize effectively and independently
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties
- Ability to adapt to changing business conditions and adjust plans accordingly
- Able to work flexible hours, nights, holidays, and weekends
- Experience in a digital media environment strongly preferred
- Experience with relevant analytical products: Omniture, SiteCatalyst, etc.
- Experience with relevant prototyping products: Sketch, Photoshop, etc.
- BA/BS technical degree related to the telecommunications field or operational/process optimization or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of relevant experience
Spectrum Networks believes every employee is an influencer and culture keeper. We expect respectful communication, openness to feedback, an eagerness to learn and grow, and an overall positive attitude. Roles may require the following:
- Sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time
- Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
- Dexterity of hands, fingers to operate computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other compute components
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications
reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified
employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum
qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability,
national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal,
state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go