Market Research & Insights Analyst - MediaApply Now Date posted 04/04/2019 Requisition Number: 237122BR-1 Location: United States - New York - Buffalo Area of Interest: Ad Sales, Market/Media Research, Marketing, Research and Development Position Type: Full Time
The Analyst is a thought partner with Account Executives in developing and executing integrated, client-focused marketing and advertising solutions. The Research Analyst ensures business needs and client objectives are being addressed both for designated teams as well as Regional and Division initiatives, as needed.
The Analyst must be committed to staying ahead of advertising trends, including digital advertising, as well as other emerging technologies within the increasingly competitive and fragmented media landscape.
The Analyst must be adept at working within a fast-paced environment. This person also must be able to communicate clearly to Account Executives as well as other cross-functional team members. The Research Analyst reports into the Divisional Research Director.
The successful candidate for this position will demonstrate expertise and success in several areas, including:
Customized Client Strategies and Solutions
- Support information gathering and analysis of clients, market conditions, competitive market analysis, and digital opportunities.
- Localize marketing materials with market-specific research information and insights.
- Develop customized insights for all Key and Target accounts in partnership with the Sales organization.
- Provide localized materials using quantitative and qualitative resources.
- Participate/facilitate cross-functional brainstorm sessions.
- Research, develop, and write case studies.
- Aggregation of syndicated research data to support individual client needs.
- Arm sales with ratings analysis to drive rates and inform sales of opportunities including use of Nielsen data and proprietary Set Top Box data.
- Proactively track programming to identify opportunities, congratulate and entice clients, and maximize revenues.
- Provide rating estimates and collaborate with Pricing & Planning and Sales Management for high profile programming to support competitive pricing.
- Provide one-sheets highlighting success of Cable networks and programming including Spectrum News and Sports.
- Provide competitive media spend information via Kantar, Media Monitors, etc.
- Assist in the development of market share and spending analysis.
- Develop proficiency in using set-top box data to help inform Client schedule recommendations.
- Effectively use Polk data to provide Clients with additional market intelligence.
- Ensure accuracy of market coverage maps and Universe Estimates (UEs).
- Develop and foster relationships within Digital Sales to advance Digital growth.
- Assist in development of best digital strategies and multi-platform client solutions, in collaboration with Digital Sales.
- Provide ongoing field perspective and feedback to Digital Sales to support execution of all digital products.
- Minimum three years of strong brand, product, integrated marketing, ad agency buying and/or advertising sales research experience.
- Knowledge of cable television, digital products, and advanced advertising products.
- Proven track record of helping Sales executives grow revenue.
- Strong strategic capability set with ability to rigorously define, prioritize, and execute across a complex range of categories, customers, products, and functional groups.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communications with overarching skill to translate data, information, and research into powerful points of view—ability to craft and tell a compelling story. May be required to attend or assist with high exposure Sales calls as a Research expert.
- Previous experience in supporting a team of advertising / marketing professionals. Agency, Media, and/or Ad Sales is highly preferred.
- Experience and strong knowledge of research databases, tools and applications, including (but not limited to) Nielsen, Scarborough, MRI, Kantar, BIA/Kelsey, eMarketer, and comScore.
- Strong proficiency of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office Applications
- Familiarity with and experience in digital marketing; understanding of online campaign development, metrics and optimization strategies.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or a related field is preferred.
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications
reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified
employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum
qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability,
national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal,
state or local laws.