Sr. Manager, Programming AnalyticsApply Now Date posted 03/28/2019 Requisition Number: 238386BR Location: United States - Connecticut - Stamford Area of Interest: Information Technology Services Position Type: Full Time
Sr. Manager, Programming Data & Analytics will be focused on developing and implementing a strategic vision for various quantitative analyses in support of Charter’s core business units (Programming, Original Content, Spectrum Networks, Marketing, etc) and their key business objectives. This position will be charged with assessing and answering complex business questions by utilizing various internal (Set-Top-Box) and external (Nielsen, comScore, etc.) viewership data sources, financial reporting and subscriber information data, as well as wide variety of advanced analytics techniques. In addition to quantitative and technical skillset, this role also requires understanding of the Programming business and how various analytical solutions can be leveraged in data-driven decision-making.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide thought leadership in developing a methodology for multi-platform viewership data aggregation. Work with various internal groups (IT, BI, Product, Marketing, etc) to reach cross-departmental consensus and implement agreed-upon plan for cross-platform tracking. Characterize and evaluate consumer journey across various distribution platforms, including Live TV, DVR, VOD and IPTV
• Develop quantitative models to estimate the value of networks and individual programs; utilize advanced analytics techniques to evaluate the risks associated with loss of various content options; produce actionable recommendations to address complex business decisions
• Inform multi-billion dollar Programing spend by developing data-driven content performance models; analyze, synthesize and present data in meaningful ways to senior leaders; provide informed conclusions on industry trends, competitive threats and subscriber viewership consumption; tackle various programming-related strategic initiatives by proactively offering guidance to key client teams
• Work creatively within and around current data constraints to develop analyses that clearly communicate potential impacts of various Programming strategies and decisions
• Proactively identify opportunities for process improvements; establish and lead cross-departmental task-forces to optimize data collection, ingestion, aggregation and reporting processes
• Analyze programming performance (compared to competitors in the landscape and prior year) and communicate key findings and opportunities to senior leadership; create and maintain comprehensive profiles for each programming group that quantify the value each programming partner brings to Charter; develop actionable insights through the analysis of both quantitative and qualitative data, building recommendations that directly address key business objectives
• Perform data modeling, data analyses and interpretation; explain variances and trends; identify and document enhancements to modeling techniques; communicate complex findings and ideas in plain language.
• Perform ad hoc analyses as needed
• Passion for the media industry with a desire to shape Charter’s positioning within the landscape through the use of innovative data techniques; familiarity and/or experience working with key media measurement systems - Nielsen, Rentrak, ComScore, and set-top box data is a plus
• Proven expertise in hands-on data modeling on big data sets; experience in extracting, cleaning, preparing, and modeling data with the intellectual ability to dive deep into complex issues by leveraging data; related software knowledge (e.g. MS Excel, MS Access, Tableau, Hadoop, SQL, Python, Oracle, R, SAS, etc.)
• Demonstrated ability to tackle problems, probe facts, identify and question assumptions, and analyze issues from different perspectives; strong problem-solving skills and an interest in process improvement is a must
• Exceptional eye for detail with an intuition for spotting inaccuracies; ability to identify creative solutions and isolate key issues quickly
• Experience managing people / teams; ability to align systems, programs and people with the company strategy and culture; excellent communication skills including an ability to communicate and work effectively with business managers and diverse cross-functional groups
• Experience evaluating specific business categories and marketplace trends to identify prospective opportunities that enhance Charter’s position against competitors in the marketplace
•Strong strategic skills with proven ability to identify and assess key trends, implications and recommendations
MBA or an equivalent advanced degree
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Statistics, Economics, Data Analytics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Econometrics, Engineering or related field.
Number of Years - Data analytics 6+
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.