Senior Manager, Indirect Procurement –Strategic SourcingApply Now Date posted 06/20/2019 Requisition Number: 238582BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Procurement Position Type: Full Time
This position is responsible for various strategic sourcing and contract negotiations for Indirect spend categories which includeHR, Marketing, Customer Operations, Software/Hardware and related services. Independently leads cross functional teams to strategically select products and suppliers ensuring the best possible price, quality, service, and overall terms. Pursues opportunities to reduce costs, minimize risk and improve business conditions. Partners with internal stakeholders to identify and define requirements. Drafts, negotiates and manages complex contracts. Provides on-going supplier relationship management.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Leads the negotiation and contract management of large-scale, enterprise-wide volume purchase agreements without guidance.
- Proactively strategizes with business and technical owners to understand the needs of the organization.
- Leads cross functional teams to develop meaningful requirements to ensure quality responses from suppliers.
- Researches and develops adequate sources of supply. Leads cross functional supplier selection activities through management of formal RFP, RFQ and RFI processes.
- Evaluates the financial stability of potential suppliers.
- Performs required business analysis with a strategic focus on total cost of ownership.
- Provides fact-based recommendations to executive level management for constructing the best overall strategic buy decisions.
- Continuously seeks out cost savings opportunities and leads efforts to realize those savings.
- Manages overall supplier performance – including, acting as an escalation point in the event of non-performance.
- Independently develops a strategic category plan based on an understanding of business goals and objectives, the supply market and competitive benchmarking. Effectively documents, communicates and gains buy-in across the organization to ensure alignment.
- Strong internal stakeholder management skills – capacity to listen, build trusting relationships in all levels of the organization, understand and capture stakeholder’s needs and deliver effective solutions
- Proven ability to manage and influence all phases of change management.
- Comprehensive understanding of the P2P process. Manages stakeholder groups through technology adoption.
- Works beyond the traditional procurement metrics to achieve operational and technical improvements to the business process.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of contract terms and conditions
- Strong negotiating skills with the ability to adapt and improvise
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong Project management, collaboration and influencing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the organization
- Ability to think strategically and anticipate future trends, needs and expectations
Bachelor’s Degree Business Administration or equivalent experience
Related Work Experience
- 5+ years of procurement contract negotiation and contract management experience
- 1-3 years of electronic procurement and or contract solutions experience
- 2 years of direct industry or company experience
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.