Principal Wireless Eng IIApply Now Date posted 09/21/2019 Requisition Number: 240557BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering Position Type: Full Time
Lead Individual contributor who is responsible for providing technology leadership for the development of wireless software development in SCP(Spectrum Connectivity Platform) and RRM/SON. Drive the wireless technology roadmap with stakeholders, i.e. product organization, engineering and operations as well as vendors and MSO partners.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Wireless Software Architect
- Develop overall wireless software architecture and manage development of key wireless features for Spectrum Connectivity Platform (SCP), and demonstrate innovative solutions.
- Collaborating with product owners, vendors, and management to determine and manage functional and non-functional software requirements for Wireless Strategic Software Initiative efforts.
- Be an expert at Wireless and Networking protocols including WiFi-5, WiFi-6, scheduling, QoS, airtime fairness, band-steering.
- Deep knowledge of Wireless/WiFi alliance protocols and history of productizing newer standards including WiFi-6.
- Knowledge of Radio Resource Management and self organizing networks.
- Expertise in router gateway functionality with IPv4/IPv6, Network topologies, RRM/SON, 802.3/802.11 functionalities.
- Ability to develop software and cloud architecture and manage end to end software development effort with ability to guide implementation and testing
- Develops a long-term technology evolution roadmap (3-5 years) articulating the strategic decision points, technology evolution plan and recommendations with regard to technology and network infrastructure investments.
- Contributes and represents Charter in relevant industry and standards forums such as: the Wireless Broadband Alliance (WBA), CableLabs, IEEE, WiFi Alliance (WFA), CableWiFi MSO Alliance, Small Cell Forum, etc.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Deep knowledge in wireless access technologies including WiFi and familiarity with 5G/4G Cellular and a clear track record of delivering software architecture for wireless gateways/devices.
- Deep technical knowledge of router designs, networking protocols and gateway funcationalities
- Hands-on experience with a broad range of wireless access technologies including WiFi, 4G-LTE and IoT as well as competency with key networking elements such as routing, switching, and security.
- Ability to lead complex projects working with a matrix team of engineers at junior and senior levels across the different Engineering Organizations.
- Strong technology expertise, proven leadership skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, superb technical skills, and a strong customer-service orientation.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management.
- Ability to manage and deliver against several initiatives simultaneously.
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and electronically.
BSEE in Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent;
Related Work Experience Number of Years
Technology Development & Management 10+
Technology management experience working with the top 5-7
MSOs, Telco, satellite operators or major wireless vendor in the U.S.
Skills /Abilities and Knowledge
Management experience Some management experience preferred
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.