Rep 1, Tech Support- July 2019
North Canton, Ohio
Spectrum is connecting more people in more places with our advanced TV, Internet, Voice and Mobile services. Join us as we continue to grow and bring our services to our communities.
About The Job
- Full Time
- Level: Entry
- Career Progression
As tech-savvy problem solvers, Customer Service Representatives – Internet/Voice make a real difference to their customers and our company. Use your extensive training to optimize the high-speed services that keep people connected in ways that really matter. There’s a lot of technology to work with, so we make sure you get the dependable mentoring and coaching that keeps you well-versed and supported. We promote a positive environment and make sure you have what you need to succeed. If you're eager to learn, this is a role with a lot of potential.
What does it take to be a successful Customer Service Internet/Voice Representative at Spectrum?
- Team player
Hear From Our People
There are so many reasons why I enjoy my job. The variety of schedules help with work-life balance. It’s okay to not know everything, but you get the opportunity to learn all you need to know. I love the people I work with across the company. I work with an awesome, talented, funny, dedicated group of people. There are also amazing benefits. The learning environment is hands-on, the work environment is fast-paced, and I get to help others.Tiffany, Rep 1, Customer Service Internet/Voice, Louisville, KY
Entering the Spectrum family was the best thing that could have ever happened to me! Since the beginning of my career, the experience has been phenomenal. From management and team members all the way to the customers, the support has been there. I have never worked for a company with such a friendly and motivated environment. Being a part of a growing company that cares so much about my success makes me feel one step closer to my dreams!Brene, Rep 1 Customer Service Internet/Voice, Bridgeton, MO
Learn more about the call center.
A Day in the Life
Check out our video and what it’s like to be a Customer Service Representative!
Spectrum wants to help you get more out of life and take care of things outside the office to make life a little easier. We provide:
Health Insurance (Medical/Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision)
Paid Time Off
Paid Holidays, Personal days, Vacation and Sick Time
Access Discounted Company Services
You have the chance to use company services at little to no cost where available.
We provide reimbursement up to $5250 per calendar year for approved eligible courses.
Our company will provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
Life and Disability Insurance
Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance of two times your pay.
ResponsibilitiesDate posted 05/15/2019 Requisition Number: 241406BR Location: United States - Ohio - North Canton Area of Interest: Customer Service Position Type: Full Time
- Past experience with diagnostic applications required.
- Working knowledge of all customer equipment and cable plant required.
- Two years of practical troubleshooting and technical analysis preferred.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Strong knowledge of HSD/voice network layout required.
- Strong PC skills required. Must be proficient in all Windows systems, Microsoft Office applications, diagnostic applications, field diagnostic equipment, various electronic devices and peripherals.
- Understanding of installation aspects related to cable television, data and voice service ideal.
- Thorough knowledge of PC hardware and software configuration and installation, computer networking and IP, web browser, hubs and home networking required.
- Individual must be technically savvy and able to learn new technology and program applications quickly.
- Individual must be focused on making our organization the best provider of customer care.
- Analyze, diagnose, and correct hardware and/or software errors associated with all HSD equipment under the division’s control in such a way as to minimize system downtime.
- Utilize software to remotely identify and diagnose issues pertaining to digital phone infrastructure
- Answer phone calls with regards to specific issues on customer accounts
- Associates degree in IT related field and/or technical certification is preferred
- DISCOUNTED SERVICES on Cable, Internet and Digital Phone Services
- Outstanding Health, Dental, Vision and Disability Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a company match
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Education Assistance
- Competitive hourly wage, including a shift differential for certain shifts.
- Extraordinary team environment with weekly one on one coaching with management, team building events, team incentives and ongoing support from our leadership staff
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.