Senior Manager, Public Relations | Spectrum EnterpriseApply Now Date posted 12/08/2019 Requisition Number: 239400BR Location: United States - Connecticut - Stamford Area of Interest: Public Relations Position Type: Full Time
- Are you a communications expert skilled in developing and guiding a company-wide public relations strategy?
- Can you commit to a leadership role crafting innovative and compelling media strategies that connect with diverse audiences and increase brand awareness?
- Do you desire a competitive salary with lucrative benefits?
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work environment that encourages our team members to reach their full potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise is a national provider of fiber-based technology solutions that believes connectivity is fundamental to the progress of every organization. We are committed to helping our clients achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to meet their evolving needs. The broad Spectrum portfolio includes networking and managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV solutions. For more information visit enterprise.spectrum.com.
As the Senior Manager of Public Relations, you enhance brand awareness by generating targeted and favorable media coverage. You are an experienced and creative communications expert proficient in developing and managing all aspects of the organization’s enterprise public relations (PR) strategy. You excel at effectively representing and positively evolving the company’s external presence using exceptional written and spoken communication skills.
You accelerate company growth by connecting with multiple markets across various channels through unique and enticing media strategies. You maximize key announcements, events and media opportunities through collaboration with senior executives, technical experts and thought leaders. You have a keen ability for identifying roadblocks and overcoming obstacles to successfully implement PR strategies. You thrive in an office environment and travel as needed to achieve company objectives. You report to the Director of Strategic Communications for goals, guidance and assistance.
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- 100% Company Match 401(k) up to 6%
- Company Funded Retirement Accumulation Plan for an additional 3%
- Education Assistance
- Pretax Child Care Spending Account
- Paid Holidays, Vacation Days, Personal Days and Sick Days
- Employee Discount on Spectrum Services Where Available
- Drive brand awareness by developing a media relations strategy that includes plan, goals, budget, tactics, seeking original storylines and quality placements in print, broadcast and online media.
- Enhance the media relations strategy by identifying key journalists, bloggers, influencers and media outlets and developing relationships with them.
- Engage audiences across traditional and new media through collaboration with PR agencies and social media teams, leveraging existing media relationships and cultivating new business and industry contacts.
- Manage media inquiries and schedule interview requests by working with the Corporate Media Relations team.
- Educate, inform and entice audiences by strategizing and creating content for news releases, byline articles, blogs and press events.
- Monitor and analyze PR results and draft accurate reports to leverage with senior leadership.
- Grow industry awareness by building relationships with industry leaders and evaluating and recommending opportunities for partnerships.
- Recommend and implement communications adjustments as needed based on an in-depth understanding of current industry trends affecting clients.
- Perform additional duties related to this position as assigned.
- Eight or more years of public relations experience either agency or client side
- Exceptional writing and editing skills and knowledge of IT terms
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at a local, regional and national level
- History of presenting to and collaborating with senior executives
- Experience acting as a company spokesperson and comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interview
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with all levels of an organization
- Eight or more years of public relations experience within a highly technical environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, advertising, communications or a related field (required)
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.