Director - Core Video Operations
Greenwood Village, Colorado
Spectrum’s growth and success in the ever-evolving technological landscape are built on the sophisticated innovations and service reliability our Network Operations groups provide. Video Operations cultivates our dynamic video ecosystem, ensuring smooth transitions from source to satellite to screen. Working groups are dedicated to creating and harnessing cutting-edge streaming and data technologies to smooth and improve the user experience. We engineer complex architecture, offering technical troubleshooting and market support for all of our video products, including hardware, software and related infrastructure.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Entry to Senior
- Travel: Occasional
What makes you successful in Video Operations?
Check out our top traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
Job FunctionDate posted 06/12/2019 Requisition Number: 243238BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering, Information Technology Services, Network Operations, Technical Operations, Video Operations Position Type: Full Time
The Director, Core Video Operations is a crucial member of the National Transport and Delivery leadership team responsible for the operations of the video transport and delivery infrastructure serving digital video services to the Charter customers. The director will oversee a team of video operations engineers and lead them to operation and maintain the video solutions within the design standards, improve existing solutions, accept new solutions from Advance Engineering group, provide training to partner teams as well as stage new software/firmware and deploy the tested code into the production environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify best practices and establishing Charter standards for the video transport and delivery infrastructure involving video services and driving consistent deployment of these design standards across Charter Communications serving area.
- Participates in project development and solution deployment assessment efforts to develop the schedule and to track the completion of the deployment activities ensuring high degree of coordination and communication with cross functional teams.
- Participates in vendor’s product roadmap and hardware/software release staging and release schedules.
- Lead an innovative, collaborative work team to produce exceptional results delivering the customer experience.
- Provide engineering support and direction for new or existing technologies and current operational initiatives.
- Evaluate and consult with executive management regarding system operations, strategic planning of next generations products and solutions.
- Direct quality control programs for video operations support team and ensure consistent operational procedures.
- Review selections on bids for contracted projects, and provide recommendations as necessary.
- Provide significant input to the capital budget process, execute approved budget plan.
- Ensure adherence to company TQA policies.
- Lead and participate in succession planning.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of engineering management experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience with Digital Video transport and video processing systems and components required.
- Strong working knowledge and experience with Server based technologies, digital video content acquisition, encoding, transport and delivery in traditional and next generation Cable Television Systems.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to interact with and establish rapport with all levels of management, staff, and the public.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective customer focused working relationships with managers, customers, vendors, consultants, employees and others encountered in the course of work
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge and ability to provide high levels of service to both internal and external customers, leading to high customer satisfaction and established relationships.
- Previous operating experience with a background focused on technical operations reporting and analysis required.
- Ability to work effectively in a team oriented matrix organization, high demand and fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience with project management and exceptional leadership skills
- High level of competence in managing the group of engineers by providing clear and concise guidance, direction and day to day and project work assignment.
- Working experience in the Telecommunications industry
- 24X7 Operations environment support experience
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
I have always been intrigued with video and how it works, from the satellite to the customer’s home. It’s also really exciting to be a part of team that is working on the future of the internet and TV. Our teams at Spectrum come from a variety of different backgrounds, with people from all over the world. We get the opportunity to learn and work with some of the most talented people in their field.Brandon, Director, Video Operations
I’ve been in my role on the Video Operations team since joining Spectrum 3.5 years ago. My role is to ensure that, when our customers watch our video content, it is available when they want it, where they want it, and how they want it. Our employees have unique skillsets and points of view, which makes for great collaboration and leveraging of top talent. The company fosters an environment of success and progression. We have the tools in place to help everyone succeed.John, Sr. Director, Video Operations
INSIDE NETWORK OPERATIONS
Read about our growing collaborative Network Operations teams.
THIS IS SPECTRUM
Learn more about our 95,000 employees, range of products and services, and advertising solutions available to 26 million customers in 41 states.
OPPORTUNITY AND INNOVATION
Find a career in advanced technology here.
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans available.
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick and personal time, and holidays.
401(k) Retirement Savings
We provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
We support continuing education for personal and professional growth.
Advancement is a very real and achievable goal.
Training and Certification
Sponsored courses help enhance your skills.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.