Senior Director, Law – ProgrammingApply Now Date posted 06/27/2019 Requisition Number: 244254BR Location: United States - Connecticut - Stamford Area of Interest: Legal Position Type: Full Time
- Profile: A business-minded attorney with significant experience with complex corporate transactions and an interest in programming acquisition.
- Role: Providing legal support to Spectrum’s Programming Acquisition team, including drafting agreements for the acquisition of video programming, and advising senior executives in Programming Acquisition on legal and regulatory issues related to those agreements.
- Location: Our corporate headquarters, in Stamford, Connecticut.
- Industry positioning: Charter Communications is the nation’s third-largest multichannel video programming distributor, with 16 million video subscribers. You watch movies and television - wouldn’t it be great to be part of the team that brings that content to consumers?
Who are you?
You have been an associate at a large law firm, and have significant experience drafting agreements related to complex corporate transactions. You work quickly, efficiently and accurately in an often fast-paced environment, and are comfortable with sharp, sophisticated clients. You are curious, resourceful, and eager to hunt down answers. You are a crisp, clear communicator, both orally and in writing.
What is the role?
You will support the business team that negotiates all of our agreements for the acquisition of broadcast TV, cable network, and on-demand content. You will draft these deals, and will analyze existing deals to answer your clients’ questions on rights and contractual compliance, and will also provide legal support to our finance and compliance teams on certain programming related-issues. As you continue to learn in this role, you will proactively identify and address key legal issues for management. You will keep informed of federal law and FCC regulations relating to the distribution of video programming.
Continue to learn and grow in your role
At Spectrum, staying ahead of the curve means providing opportunities for continuing professional development at all levels. We understand the value of peer and leadership support and encourage regular appraisals to help talented, capable team members to progress in their careers.
A culture of engagement, an opportunity to influence
Spectrum’s competencies span industries. Our community is also varied, and is built on a philosophy of support for our customers and for one another. We all contribute to something bigger than our roles.
The benefits are clear
In addition to the core benefits — industry-leading retirement savings plans, comprehensive health care, and paid time off — we offer access to free and discounted Spectrum products and services where available, education assistance, and a wide selection of other perks and programs to help support individuals and families at every stage of life.
Here’s what it takes to get started
Essential qualifications for the Senior Director, Law – Programming include:
- A Law degree and at least 4 years of experience in a law firm.
- A solid background in corporate law, and working knowledge of M&A issues.
- Good judgment and business sense, and an ability to think creatively.
- Strong drafting skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage deals involving highly complex agreements, and to juggle multiple projects and shift priorities.
- Ability to creatively solve problems while working under pressure.
- Comfort working with cross-functional teams and with personnel across levels of management.
- The desire to learn, every day, about our industry.
- Ability to work from our Stamford headquarters on a daily basis.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- While we believe that this role usually provides a good work/life balance, you must be able to occasionally work long hours when necessary.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.