Principal Engineer I - SoftwareApply Now Date posted 06/30/2019 Requisition Number: 244103BR Location: United States - Colorado - Centennial Area of Interest: Information Technology Services Position Type: Full Time
Contribute to and provide technical direction to the Operations development staff. This position will be expected to contribute in areas dealing with software design, service architecture, database design, compliancy and strategy in the delivery of high quality software solutions.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Designs, implements, monitors, enhances and troubleshoots systems in assigned areas.
- Analyzes and revises existing software logic difficulties and documentation as necessary.
- Tests and reviews system designs.
- Mentors and guides the work of technical staff.
- Maintain good relations with peers, team, other organizations and vendors.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Ability to adapt to new technology.
- Must be a fast learner and self-motivator.
- Reviews work plans and designs and advises on improvements.
- Knows, understands and follows company policy.
- Performs other duties as requested by manager.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Extensive experience of Oracle admin skills.
- Expert experience of UNIX operating systems.
- Solid understanding of various scripting technologies for automation (Windows – PowerShell/traditional batch, Linux – BASH shell scripting, python.)
- Extensive experience with Apache spark
- Extensive experience with PL/SQL.
- Extensive experience with Java
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker and containerization
- Knowledge of Camunda
- Knowledge of Jenkins
- Knowledge of Spring Framework
- Advanced knowledge of Tomcat
- Advanced knowledge of object oriented development principals
- Advanced knowledge of source control management systems (Git primarily).
- Knowledge in network architecture, protocols and network topology
- Knowledge in TCP/IP and the OSI Model
- Basic knowledge of network designing software, Microsoft office suite including Visio
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
Masters or Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field or related work experience
Related Work Experience
5 - 10 years Engineering work experience
5 - 10 years Project management work experience
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.