Senior Manager, Data Architecture and Business Intelligence ReportingApply Now Date posted 07/05/2019 Requisition Number: 244646BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Architecture, Business Development Position Type: Full Time
Provide technical leadership on projects/tasks related to data extraction, transformation, integration and data transfer. Responsible for managing a team that builds and delivers data extracts to internal and external business partners. Provide complex data and reporting to better determine operational impacts, trends, and opportunities. In addition, requires thorough understanding of data analysis and methodology.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- In-depth and deep understanding of source data and the business systems that create and utilize this data during business operations.
- Establish and manage the tools, standards, requirements, and expectations for a comprehensive data historian and data warehouse to ensure data standardization, quality, availability, and consistency.
- Deliver solutions to increase speed to delivery by implementing workflow and automation solutions
- Leads a team in conceptualizing and implementing reports, information dashboards, and other end-user information portals or resources to support the business
- Collaborate with other internal teams, business stakeholders and external vendors to design, develop and deliver various data needs.
- Partner with the business to design and develop data extract and data transfer frameworks
- Assess and document current data extracts out of legacy applications.
- Work cross-functionally with internal and external groups providing data to determine best process to transfer data and handle change requests, including design, development and implementation of new requirements.
- Identify and leverage opportunities to continually improve the quality of the data management systems, processes and standards.
- Create and maintain report forms and formats, information dashboards, data generators, canned reports and other end-user information portals or resources
- Implement controls and compliance measures to reduce data issues and improve data quality.
- Maintain and communicate deployment schedules and establish clear and efficient task scheduling.
- Oversee preparation of deployment documentation including configuration items.
- Manage high performing teams by leading, developing, training and providing effective coaching to attract and foster talent.
- Performs other duties as required.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Hands on experience with data visualization frameworks, processes, and tools having personally developed output for business consumption
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with superb ability to conduct technical discussions with ETL architects, data architects, and solution architects
- Proactively defines and interprets data/metrics/KPIs, analyze results, and provide insights to determine operational impact, trends and opportunities
- Experience with end to end design through implementation delivery life cycle working within a Scrum framework
- Experience in working with outsourced resources and managed services contracts
- Deep knowledge in data transformation, ETL methodologies and data warehouse/data lake architectures
- Significant knowledge of designing, developing and utilizing big data tools and frameworks in order to maintain, improve, clean, and manipulate data
- Must have experience with solutions delivery of medium to large scale enterprise systems and scalable/high transaction data frameworks
- Expert level knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Strong communication, interpersonal, collaboration and team facilitation skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
- Proven leadership and ability to coach and develop a team
- Possess the intellectual curiosity to work through ambiguity
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively and manage multiple projects/assignments
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical business teams
- Ability to effectively consult with department managers and leaders
- Passion for agile, test-driven development, continuous integration/delivery, and automated testing
- In-depth knowledge of the Agile SDLC, including Kanban and Scrumban, as well as various software testing methodologies
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to succeed in an ambiguous and unstructured environment
- Ability to prioritize in the face of multiple demands
- Ability to quickly learn new businesses and technologies
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience
Related Work Experience
- 5+ years of management/leadership experience
- 8+ years of overall IT experience
- 5+ years of data warehousing and BI development and testing experience
- 8+ years of professional experience in development and delivery role of medium to large information technology projects
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Knowledge of cable television products and services
Travel required (10%)
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.