Principal Engineer I - Core & Backbone RDCApply Now Date posted 07/11/2019 Requisition Number: 244787BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering, Network Engineering, Network Operations, Project Management Position Type: Full Time
Responsible for engineering activities that maintain and enhance the company's telecommunications and signal processing hardware, and software, which includes a high-level understanding of Multicast, L2/L3 networks, BGP, OSPF, ISIS, LDP, RSVP, VPNs, IPv6, etc. Works closely with operations engineering, APO, and video departments on supporting designs and configurations. Proficient with IOS-XR, JUNOS, and experience with Cisco ASA or Juniper SRX firewalls. A10 and F5 load-balancer experience a plus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for documentation, design, technical support, and guidance to supporting verticals to ensure project success and completion.
- Assigned the most complex and critical projects that involve several technical systems and partners.
- Designs, implements, monitors, enhances and troubleshoots systems in assigned areas
- Analyzes and revises existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary
- Tests and reviews system designs
- Mentors and guides the work of technical staff and sister verticals.
- Reviews work plans and designs and advises on improvements
- Adhere to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable
- Know, understand and follow company policy, and perform other duties as requested by manager
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or related work experience
- Minimum eight (8) years of network engineering experience or equivalent education
- Minimum three (3) years of project management experience
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment, learn new technology quickly and use personal computer and software applications
- Basic knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Fiber (Multimode, Single mode, UTP, etc.), Bridging, Switching, Routing, Ethernet and Transport technologies and protocols
- Basic knowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology, TCP/IP and the OSI Model
- Knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to support the current operations, network devices, basic network appliances, and network designing software, such as Visio
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Knowledge of company products and services
- Cisco and Juniper route and switching experience (CCNP or equivalent required)
- Cisco ASA or Juniper SRX experience
- Scripting, A10, and F5 experience a plus
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.