Strategic Account Manager, Government and Education - Spectrum EnterpriseApply Now Date posted 07/17/2019 Requisition Number: 245424BR Location: United States - Texas - San Antonio Area of Interest: Enterprise Sales, Information Technology Services Position Type: Full Time
- Are you a client-focused sales account manager familiar with the needs of government and education organizations?
- Can you commit to a consultative sales position managing and growing government and education accounts?
- Do you desire a competitive salary with an uncapped sales commission and a focus on professional development?
- Competitive Salary with Sales Incentives
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- 100% Company Match 401(k) up to 6%
- Company Funded Retirement Accumulation Plan for an additional 3%
- Education Assistance
- Pretax Child Care Spending Account
- Paid Holidays, Vacation Days, Personal Days and Sick Days
- Employee Discount on Spectrum Services
- Be an effective member of the sales team by achieving or exceeding monthly sales and revenue goals.
- Advocate for clients within their fast-growing business to develop tailored product solutions highlighting benefits.
- Foster long-term client relationships through face-to-face meetings while being mindful of renewal opportunities, new services and upsell potential.
- Elicit new revenue streams by creating and presenting client product proposals that align with their needs.
- Maintain an accurate client database and submit regular reports on sales activity.
- Conduct tactful and mutually beneficial contract negotiations and conversations with C-Level executives and key decision makers.
- Ensure state and federal compliances by establishing data control procedures and working with regulatory agencies.
- Uphold quality service and encourage long-term retention through coordinated efforts with Account Executives, Sales Support, Sales Engineering and Marketing teams.
- Simplify the account collection process by assisting with fund acquisitions.
- Remain informed on pricing, order entry and commission reports by attending training sessions.
- Perform additional duties related to this position as assigned.
- Three or more years of experience in, or working with, state/local government and education
- Five or more years of experience with strategic sales or account management with a proven sales record meeting $3,000 monthly quota
- Confidently present technical information to high-level clients
- Deadline-driven with the ability to multi-task and manage change with ever changing priorities
- History of learning quickly and applying that knowledge within a team environment
- Talent for upselling to existing government and education clients and negotiating, renewing or amending contracts
- Excellent prospecting abilities to include cold calling, on-site visit and attending industry events
- Valid driver’s license, safe driving record and the availability to travel often
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Two or more years of telecommunications experience in business-to-business (B2B) sales including prospecting calls and premises-based sales
- Two or more years of experience of outside related sales experience with a proven record of exceeding sales objectives
- Positive attitude and a strong self-motivator
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio
- Coachable with a proven ability to work independently
- Familiar with Spectrum Enterprise product suite and culture
- Analytical mindset with interpersonal communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field (preferred)
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.