Systems Engineer III - Spectrum EnterpriseApply Now Date posted 07/18/2019 Requisition Number: 245189BR-1 Location: United States - Kentucky - Louisville Area of Interest: Engineering, Systems Engineer Position Type: Full Time
- Are you an experienced system engineer skilled at developing and implementing operations support systems (OSS) applications?
- Can you commit to a technical position enhancing the quality of the operations systems for a nationwide technology leader?
- Do you desire a competitive salary with lucrative benefits and a focus on professional development?
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work environment that encourages our team members to reach their full potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise is a national provider of fiber-based technology solutions that believes connectivity is fundamental to the progress of every organization. We are committed to helping our clients achieve their business goals by providing the digital infrastructure that enables them to outperform. Our portfolio includes fiber Internet, Voice, Video, TV and cloud Infrastructure solutions as well as network and managed services. For more information visit enterprise.spectrum.com.
You are passionate about designing, developing and implementing high-quality OSS upgrades and enhancements. As a Systems Engineer III, you are dedicated to system quality and client satisfaction. You accelerate growth by efficiently programming multiple OSS applications and their associated operating systems and databases. You excel at the application administration of OSS software that supports all the Spectrum Enterprise divisions.
Using industry-current engineering expertise, you successfully guide the full lifecycle of systems engineering activities for high-quality, scalable solutions. You focus on guiding projects through the implementation of approved system architecture and designs. You maximize the system through process improvement recommendations. You thrive in an office environment and feel comfortable collaborating with multiple internal and external teams across various application development projects. You report to the Senior Manager of Systems Engineering and Enterprise Client Care Operations for goals, guidance and assistance.
- Competitive Salary with Bonus
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- 100% Company Match 401(k) up to 6%
- Company Funded Retirement Accumulation Plan for an additional 3%
- Education Assistance
- Pretax Child Care Spending Account
- Paid Holidays, Vacation Days, Personal Days and Sick Days
- Employee Discounts on Spectrum Services
- Encourage company-wide excellence and growth by supporting all efforts to enhance the client experience.
- Review existing integration capabilities, data sources and proposed solution designs for feasibility, cost and functionality while coordinating with internal departments.
- Innovate systems solutions by conducting design sessions with architects and engineers to create configuration designs for implementation in various environments.
- Drive system engineering projects through the creation of detailed design documents and functional specifications for new applications, services and system enhancements.
- Release products and enhancements on time by drafting work effort estimates for assigned tasks and support prioritization.
- Mitigate system risks by developing core code modules, unit test tools and release notes for enhancements and bug fixes.
- Boost efficiency through the review of new development tools, application frameworks and testing tools for functionality and effectiveness.
- Ensure proper OSS application installation, administration, configuration and maintenance to include the operating system and related software.
- Improve client satisfaction by providing on-call support to resolve OSS application issues after normal business hours.
- Minimize client impact during predetermined maintenance windows by using established change management processes.
- Maximize the databases by working with administrators to configure, tune and maintain them in a variety of languages.
- Easily refer to completed projects in the future by documenting all systems configurations and upgrades.
- Maintain continuous operations by designing and implementing change control policies and disaster recovery plans and leading the troubleshooting efforts in the event of an outage.
- Reduce system issues by monitoring and managing applications, device availability, network conditions, system reliability and performance, program maintenance and storage resources.
- Three or more years of system administration experience
- Three or more years of database support and development experience
- Three or more years of experience in enterprise application integration (EAI)
- Four or more years of network OSS application experience
- Five or more years of application development experience
- Advanced knowledge of network and systems engineering concepts and system or super-system skills, including NetApp Clustered On-TAP, Cisco UCS and VMWare systems
- In-depth knowledge of development tools, application frameworks and testing tools
- Expert in OSS applications, software and troubleshooting
- Proven ability to conduct design sessions to determine specific solution designs for feasibility, cost and functionality
- Track record of creating detailed documentation to show how to functionally understand new and existing applications
- Experienced in following and implementing established change and control policies and procedures
- History of choosing the appropriate lifecycle and planning, monitoring and controlling the systems engineering process
- Deadline-driven with the ability to learn new technologies and work in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong ability to transform an operational need into a description of system parameters and incorporate those parameters in the control of the system development to achieve an optimum, cost-effective balance of all system elements
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills with all levels of an organization
- Five or more years of system administration experience
- Five or more years of database support and development experience
- Five or more years of experience in enterprise application integration (EAI)
- Six or more years of network OSS application experience
- Seven or more years of application development experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience (required)
- CCNA/ CCNP certification (preferred)
- CCIE Data Center certification (preferred)
- CCIE Routing and Switching certification (preferred)
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.