Network Engineer II - IP Management
Greenwood Village, Colorado
Spectrum’s growth and success in the ever-evolving technological landscape are built on the sophisticated innovations and service reliability our Network Operations groups provide. Network Technology Operations (NTO) improves data transfer, maximizes stability and efficiency over established infrastructure, and simplifies operations. Our foundational DOCSIS teams integrate communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links, and protocols into complete network configurations. On top of that, Cable, Wireless Operations, and Video groups innovate next-generation entertainment and communications platforms to enhance capabilities. IP Management and Circuit Utilization groups advance and integrate technologies to create a seamless, satisfying customer experience.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Entry to Senior
- Travel: Occasional
What makes you successful in Network Technology Operations?
Check out our top traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
Job FunctionDate posted 08/08/2019 Requisition Number: 246760BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering, Network Operations, Software Engineering, Technical Operations Position Type: Full Time
The position will provide Tier 4 IP addressing support for IP address request, both unicast and multicast, and issue escalations from various LoB (Line of Business), Data. Voice, Video, and Charter Business. This role will also work with IP Control System Engineering team for company wide IP blocks synchronization with Charter production networks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the experience of stake holders who need IP addresses to run business and/or grow customer base
- Support and lead allocation and maintenance of multicast IP for video service across all three legacy entities (L-CHTR/L-TWC/L-BHN) of new Charter
- Participate in efforts to stand up a new IP management system (IP Control) for L-TWC and L-BHN networks
- Collaborating with DNT (Data Network Transport) team to clean up inefficient and inconsistent IP address allocation and enable better routing summary.
- Working with IP Control System Engineering team on IP blocks streamlining to enable better IP utilization.
- Help define best practices of manage IPv4 and IPv6 address allocation and consumption
- Lead the development and documentation of multicast IP technical standards
- Works on projects/systems/issues of medium to high complexity surrounding IP Control planning, configuration and optimization
- Provides tier support across organizations
- Works on one or more projects as a project team member, occasionally as a project team lead
- Coaches less experienced staff
- Know, understand and follow company policy
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field and / or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of network engineering experience.
- Minimum two (2) years experience with Cisco/Juniper.
- Minimum two (2) years of Data network experience.
- Experienced with TCP/IPv4 and IPv6, and ISIS/OSPF/BGP, Multicast, and MPLS/LDP networking protocols
- Knowledge of company products and services
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications
- Data networking knowledge (OSI Model, TCP/IP, Optical Transport)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Advanced knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Fiber (Multimode, Single mode, UTP, etc.), Bridging, Switching, Routing, Ethernet and Transport technologies and protocols
- Advanced Knowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology, TCP/IP and the OSI Model
- Strong knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to support the current operations, knowledge of basic network devices and basic network appliances
- Advanced knowledge of network designing software, such as Visio
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly, and the use of personal computer and software applications
- Industry, vendor specific, and other applicable professional certifications such as (CCNA / JNCIA / NRSI / SCTE IPEP Cert exams).
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
I have enjoyed my time at Spectrum for several reasons. I am first and foremost appreciative of the inclusive environment. You have the opportunity to be involved in as many projects and policy discussions as you choose, along with day-to-day projects. Our leadership sees the value of both and is appreciative of all contributions. Spectrum also sees value in employee development and provides programs for both educational and technical growth. I have seen team leaders encourage all team members to take advantage of these programs and support individuals’ efforts to grow. I enjoy the exposure to technology. We engineers we have the opportunity to discuss, learn, and work with some of the most advanced technology available in the marketplace.Robert, Network Engineer III
In my 25 years of working in the cable/telecom industry, Spectrum has been the best environment. I believe it is due to the diversified work force, training opportunities, and emphasis on teamwork among senior and junior engineers. I believe my fellow engineers would agree that we have the opportunity to discuss, learn, and work with some of the most advanced technology available. And Spectrum provides great benefits! Looking back over the years, I can’t think of a better place to work.Michael, Network Engineer IV
INSIDE NETWORK OPERATIONS
Read about our growing collaborative Network Operations teams.
THIS IS SPECTRUM
Learn more about our 95,000 employees, range of products and services, and advertising solutions available to 26 million customers in 41 states.
OPPORTUNITY AND INNOVATION
Find a career in advanced technology here.
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans available.
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick and personal time, and holidays.
401(k) Retirement Savings
We provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
We support continuing education for personal and professional growth.
Advancement is a very real and achievable goal.
Training and Certification
Sponsored courses help enhance your skills.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.