Network Engineer IV - Data CenterApply Now Date posted 09/11/2019 Requisition Number: 246355BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering, Network Operations, Technical Operations Position Type: Full Time
Charter is proud to have a network that provides service to millions of users across the country. The NE IV leads in the planning, forecasting, implementation and identification of resource requirements for network systems of varying (moderate to high) complexity. Follows corporate standards, develops and implements network enhancements and makes recommendations for improvement. Responsible for implementation of approved network architecture and designs. Leads in staff development efforts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads in network planning, network architecture design and engineering.
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations.
- Evaluates new products, performs network problem resolution.
- Assists in the development and documentation of technical standards.
- Working with firewalls; ASA and SRX
- Working on load balancing projects using F5 and A10.
- Implements approved methods of procedure.
- Implements and assists in designing corporate standards, develops and implements network enhancements and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Works on projects/systems/issues of varying complexity surrounding network planning, configuration and optimization.
- Provides tier support across organizations.
- Works on one or more projects as a project team member, regularly as a project team lead.
- Proactively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Acts as a mentor to junior staff
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field and / or equivalent work experience
- Minimum six (6) years network engineering
- Minimum four (4) years experience with Cisco and/or Juniper.
- At least four (4) years of Data Network experience
- Ability to produce MOPS and BOMS
- Advanced knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Physical Media (Multimode Fiber, Singlemode Fiber, UTP, etc.), bridging, switching, routing, ethernet and transport technologies and protocols
- Experience with network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology
- TCP/IP and the OSI Model
- Advanced knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to support the current operations
- Experience with network devices and basic network appliances
- Strong experience with network designing software, such as Visio
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP or CCIP or CCIE)
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc.)
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.