Mobile Customer Service Representative
Schenectady, New York
Spectrum is connecting more people in more places with our advanced TV, Internet, Voice and Mobile services. Join us as we continue to grow and bring our services to our communities.
About The Job
- Full Time
- Level: Entry to Midlevel
- Career Progression
Customer Service Mobile Representatives are active listeners and tech-savvy problem solvers whose positive communications make all the difference to our customers. Mobile Support is new at Spectrum, and we will prepare you to connect people in ways that really matter. Join a diverse, enthusiastic team in a bright and lively call center. We offer fully paid training, dedicated peer mentoring and coaching to help you feel comfortable and supported, so you have everything you need to succeed.
What does it take to be a successful Customer Service Mobile Representative at Spectrum?
- Digitally Savvy
- Problem Solver
Hear From Our People
I chose to join Spectrum because of the tremendous opportunities for advancement available along many different career paths. I am especially excited about our new Mobile services and look forward to learning more about the mobile services industry and all of the latest devices.Craig, Rep 1, Spectrum Mobile
What I like about working here at Spectrum is that I get to be around people who are always willing to help each other. You always receive support from coworkers and supervisors who care about your professional growth. It's a friendly environment where everyone is welcome. You get to learn something new every day as things are always changing around here.Saido, Rep 1, Spectrum Mobile
Learn more about the call center.
A Day in the Life
Check out our video and what it’s like to be a Customer Service Representative!
Spectrum wants to help you get more out of life and take care of things outside the office to make life a little easier. We provide:
Health Insurance (Medical/Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision)
Paid Time Off
Paid Holidays, Personal days, Vacation and Sick Time
Access Discounted Company Services
You have the chance to use company services at little to no cost where available.
We provide reimbursement up to $5250 per calendar year for approved eligible courses.
Our company will provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
Life and Disability Insurance
Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance of two times your pay.
ResponsibilitiesDate posted 08/23/2019 Requisition Number: 244732BR Location: United States - New York - Schenectady Area of Interest: Customer Operations, Customer Service, Mobile, Technical Support Position Type: Full Time
- COMPLIMENTARY AND DISCOUNTED SERVICES … That’s RIGHT! … Spectrum Gold Cable, High-Speed Internet, and Digital Phone Services!
- Outstanding Health Benefits that include Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage – all starting the first day of the month after your hire date!
- Generous Paid Time Off, Sick Time and Personal Days!
- Substantial Education Reimbursement!
- A 401k plan matched dollar-for-dollar up to 6% - including an additional employer contribution!
- Fun team-building events, performance rewards and other incentives
- Competitive hourly wages PLUS shift-differential pay!
The Spectrum Mobile Representative provides basic customer support related to Spectrum Mobile Services. The successful Spectrum Mobile Representative will have an in-depth knowledge of mobile offerings, technical requirements and billing information. The Spectrum Mobile Representative will provide account management support in a manner consistent with Charter’s policies, procedures and quality standards.
- Structured career progression plans with leadership advancement opportunities available
- Full time schedules PLUS overtime availability
- A supportive team environment and regular one-on-one time with your leader
- Responsible for providing quality service to customers via phone in account management, maintenance, billing, problem solving, enhancement, and troubleshooting.
- Handles full service end to end billing related questions, issues and concerns ranging from general questions to payment related items as well as Spectrum mobile related repairs by troubleshooting with customers to resolve difficult issue with devices and mobile phone services utilizing all available diagnostic tools and resources
- Demonstrates accountability by following through on all necessary customer touch points with appropriate sense of urgency
- Works with upper management to streamline troubleshooting processes as well as create and maintain appropriate troubleshooting procedures
- Manage customer interactions professionally and efficiently.
- Remain current and knowledgeable on every aspect of supported product.
- Accurately document customer account records based on actions taken.
- Fulfill work schedules as required.
- Ability to perform other duties and/or projects as assigned
- Knowledge of billing systems as well as troubleshooting for Spectrum Mobile devices, features and services
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong follow-up skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills, including positive phone demeanor
- Works various schedules including holidays
- Proficiency with PCs, Microsoft Office Suite and general intranet navigation
- Versatility and staying cool under pressure
- A “Can do” attitude prevailing over a fast-paced variety of customer concerns
- Ability to perform business math calculations, including itemizing a bill
- Complex problem-solving skills and the ability to resolve discrepancies
- Experience working in cable operations, mobile, or telecommunications call center
- 6 months or more of customer service experience; 1 or more years preferred
- 6 months or more of working with multiple software applications; 1 or more years preferred
- 6 months – 1 year+ of heavy volume phone experience in a customer service/call center job preferred
- 4 weeks of paid training
- All-encompassing classroom experience – including classroom discussions, hands-on exposure, e-learnings, mentoring partners, and instructor-led training
- New employees must commit to 40 hours each week during the training period
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.