Senior Director, Business PlanningApply Now Date posted 08/27/2019 Requisition Number: 248088BR Location: United States - Connecticut - Stamford Area of Interest: Network Operations Position Type: Full Time
Responsible for supporting the operational and financial planning and analysis needs of the Network Operations business unit. Responsible for budgeting and forecasting, monthly financial controls, process analysis and process enhancement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build budget models for expenses and capital, and once reviewed load into corporate budget application. Develop supporting budget schedules for headcount and other identified categories. Provide ad hoc reports that are needed to review and analyze budgeted information.
- Oversee the month end close review, ensuring that accruals are accurate and complete. Lead the monthly review of expenses and capital to budget and forecast, and explain variances with operational analytics and insight to assigned business unit leadership and the finance group.
- Working with department leaders, compile forecast models on a quarterly basis and create reports to develop monthly rolling forecasts.
- Provide financial analysis specific to the needs of the assigned business unit.
- Analyze and enhance existing business processes to simplify and standardize wherever possible.
- Work with accounting to ensure proper accounting treatment for capital versus expense coding of initiatives.
- Approve POs and Personnel Request Forms for new headcount and ensure they are within budget.
- Provide monthly certification to accuracy of financial reports, and respond to auditor requests on financials.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum ten (10) years Business analysis and planning experience.
- Minimum ten (10) years Financial control, budget and forecasting experience
- Minimum four (4) years Management experience
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Solid financial management skills including forecasting, budgeting planning and, above all, a keen business acumen.
- Strong analytic, organizational, and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple priorities, and make deadlines.
- Self-motivated, with mix of entrepreneurial and controllership skills.
- Strong knowledge of MIS and reporting systems.
- Masters Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Operations experience a plus.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.