Senior Manager, MEC Offer Configuration/DeploymentApply Now Date posted 09/30/2019 Requisition Number: 247507BR Location: United States - Missouri - Maryland Heights Area of Interest: Customer Operations Position Type: Full Time
The Senior Technical Manager is responsible for providing leadership and expertise to Enterprise offer catalof (MEC) production support and offer management teams. Manages the daily activity of a team of technical application analysts and ensures that effective and efficient offer configuration and deployment processes are in place to support critical business functions including software deployments, job scheduling, and automation. Develops and coordinates plans to support business requirements for environment refreshes and software upgrades.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Oversees deployment of new offers and configuration using the MEC/order engine (OE) offer structure. Works to identify and solve complex issues related to software deployment processes and environments.
Responsible for providing software support for critical 3rd party apps integral to the operation.
Interacts with various IT teams for environmental solutions including the Operating System and Hardware Architecture.
Manages the creation, configuration, and support for MEC/AMDOCSenvironments including production, high availability, test, and development. Coordinates activities with IT teams as required.
Ensures team monitors and analyzes the operation of systems to ensure the effective delivery of billing information.
Leads the development of solutions to complex billing problems and works with system analysts to integrate these solutions with the existing systems.
Leads the implementation of strategic initiatives to ensure integration of current and future technologies.
Performs the implementation of necessary processes that seek to guarantee the integrity of all billing data, system availability,
system functionality and audit compliance.
Actively involved in key initiatives and cross-functional collaboration that will ensure the most effective implementation of leadership decisions and prompt resolution of business issues.
Utilizes partnerships with Customer Care teams at the enterprise level to execute strategic business plans, operational goals and
performance metrics as established by the director of this individual.
Participates in the implementation of billing system standardization and simplification components while meeting both short and long term functionality and performance requirements.
Effectively manages day-to-day inter and intra team relationships to ensure that a diverse array of tasks (that involve periodic contacts with other teams to complete) can be performed effectively.
Participates in, and contributes to a culture of inclusion that encourages teamwork, collaboration and peer support, ensuring respect and support of all types of individuals.
Effect change by assisting management to develop appropriate action plans to address identified deficiencies, and ensure corrective actions are implemented in a timely manner to effectively address the issues.
Works with other technical team members to resolve all release related issues.
Performs other duties as requested or assigned by management.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Experience managing a large billing operation.
- Advanced knowledge ofEPC/MEC/Amdocs application and configuration support
- Advanced knowledge of IBM iSeries Operating System and commands
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Advanced know of Aldon LMI for change management and other change management tools
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Ability to facilitate cross-functional communications among multiple teams.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure.
- Ability to contribute to multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Proficient use of personal computer and software application skills (i.e. Word processing, spreadsheet, Visio, Project, etc.)
- Proven leadership skills
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- ITIL Foundation Certification
Related Work Experience
Related Work Experience
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.