Advanced Video Engineer IV - Core Video
Greenwood Village, Colorado
Spectrum’s growth and success in the ever-evolving technological landscape are built on the sophisticated innovations and service reliability our Network Operations groups provide. Video Operations cultivates our dynamic video ecosystem, ensuring smooth transitions from source to satellite to screen. Working groups are dedicated to creating and harnessing cutting-edge streaming and data technologies to smooth and improve the user experience. We engineer complex architecture, offering technical troubleshooting and market support for all of our video products, including hardware, software and related infrastructure.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Entry to Senior
- Travel: Occasional
What makes you successful in Video Operations?
Check out our top traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
Job FunctionDate posted 10/27/2019 Requisition Number: 248738BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering, Network Operations, Systems Engineer, Video Operations Position Type: Full Time
Responsible for engineering activities that maintain and enhance the company's video encoding (Linear and STVA/OTT) systems. This a multi-tier design/development & support role that interacts with Video Product & Video Operations Teams, CPE manufacturers, and Supply Chain to provide video solutions. The role is responsible for setting the technical architecture and development direction across a set of internal business applications, leading cross functional technical development teams, delivering business critical projects while maintaining high morale, managing the operational activities in an efficient and professional manner and ensuring all team targets are met as advised by Video Operations leadership.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for engineering activities that maintain and enhance the company's video encoding (Linear and STVA/OTT) systems
- Basic configuration and support of advanced video equipment (e.g. VOD, controllers, multiplexing, digital transport, and edge QAM)
- Responsible for setting the technical architecture and development direction across a set of internal business applications, leading cross functional technical development teams, delivering business critical projects.
- Work with Engineering to design and test system designs
- Develop, design and implement electronic systems including audio, video and other multimedia equipment.
- Work with the field on the implementation of video network related projects.
- Work with vendors and Engineering to resolve issues and design flaws.
- Perform detailed problem diagnosis, track and update problems in trouble ticketing system
- Develop problem resolution procedures required to meet serviceability requirements
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum six (6) years network engineering experience
- Minimum four (4) years of experience working within an MSO environment
- Minimum four (4) years of video operations and video signal acquisition experience
- Minimum four (4) years of project management experience
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Experience with Video encoding, transcoding/encoding, multiplexing, and modulation and acquisition, using such equipment as: MediaKind AVP2 & 4K, Muse, SPR & C2, Harmonic Prostream, Ion, Electra X2, 8K and XOS, Ateme Titan, Imagine Selenio and Selenio Flex, RGB VSG, Cisco DCMs, Arris CAP/DM6400 Cherry Pickers, BMRs, BNPs, APEX1k-3k, IRDs and common cable CPE
- Advanced knowledge of Video Compression: MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H264, HEVC, J2K, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of Audio Compression: Dolby AC3, Dolby Digital Plus, AAC, etc.
- Knowledge of IGMP, IP multicast, API, (BASH), VOD, IPTV, cloud encoding, packaging for live streaming (HLS).
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations.
- Understanding of IP networking, TCP/IP protocols, Routing and Switching
- Experience with network and element management systems, Arris (DAC) and/or CISCO (DNCS) video delivery systems
- Experience in managing optical transport platforms service gateways (i.e. Cisco ONS, Infinera DTN / DTNx / Flex, Ciena).
- Solid knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Physical Media (Multimode Fiber, Singlemode Fiber, UTP, etc.), bridging, switching, routing, Ethernet and transport technologies and protocols
- Ability to work with and lead cross functional teams including Product, Operations, IT, Care, etc.
- Ability to self-manage time and priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (NCTI, SCTE, BCT/E
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
I have always been intrigued with video and how it works, from the satellite to the customer’s home. It’s also really exciting to be a part of team that is working on the future of the internet and TV. Our teams at Spectrum come from a variety of different backgrounds, with people from all over the world. We get the opportunity to learn and work with some of the most talented people in their field.Brandon, Director, Video Operations
I’ve been in my role on the Video Operations team since joining Spectrum 3.5 years ago. My role is to ensure that, when our customers watch our video content, it is available when they want it, where they want it, and how they want it. Our employees have unique skillsets and points of view, which makes for great collaboration and leveraging of top talent. The company fosters an environment of success and progression. We have the tools in place to help everyone succeed.John, Sr. Director, Video Operations
INSIDE NETWORK OPERATIONS
Read about our growing collaborative Network Operations teams.
THIS IS SPECTRUM
Learn about our 98,000 employees, products and services, and advertising solutions offered to 28 million customers in 41 states.
OPPORTUNITY AND INNOVATION
Find a career in advanced technology here.
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans available.
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick and personal time, and holidays.
401(k) Retirement Savings
We provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
We support continuing education for personal and professional growth.
Advancement is a very real and achievable goal.
Training and Certification
Sponsored courses help enhance your skills.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.