Sales Support Manager - Ad SalesApply Now Date posted 09/06/2019 Requisition Number: 248736BR Location: United States - Michigan - Traverse City Area of Interest: Account Management, Ad Sales, Sales, Strategic Planning Position Type: Full Time
The Sales Support Manager oversees a team of Account Planners and Account Coordinators who provide pre-sale and post-sale support to advertising Account Executives. This position plays a key role in hiring, training, coaching and developing a team of 8-12 sales support professionals. The goal of this team is to help free up Account Executive’s time as well as to provide efficient and timely support of our clients to meet their advertising needs. The Sales Support Manager will report to the General Manager of the market, and will have a strong dotted line reporting relationship to the Sales Support leadership team.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee all market APs and ACs
- Review and adjust workloads of APs and ACs appropriately
- Understand and work to improve the workflow for all lines of business
- Understand all available sales products (TV and Digital advertising products)
- Responsible for interviewing, selecting and onboarding all ACs and APs.
- Plays a major role in overseeing career development and progression for team members.
- Regularly meets with Sales management to understand and improve the sales experience for Account Executives.
- Works cross functionally with Operations, Fnance, Pricing and Inventory, Production, Field Research and Marketing to ensure workflow is working appropriately.
- Support LSM and GM with sales tracking
- Manage market trade requests and needs
- Manage market autofill lists for the GM
- Review monthly KPIs and determine needs of the market and the ongoing training needs of team members.
- Assists in market reporting that is requested
- Serves on a team with other Sales Support Supervisors to recommend best practices for other markets to adopt.
- Minimum three to five years of experience in an Ad sales environment, with a background in Sales Support, Account Planning, or Operations, is preferred.
- Knowledge of Ad Sales products (TV & digital) is preferred.
- At least two plus years of previous experience supervising other team members is highly preferred. Related experience providing coaching, performance management and team development is also ideal.
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required.
- A proven track record of having a high attention to detail is necessary.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.