Curriculum Development ManagerApply Now Date posted 11/16/2019 Requisition Number: 248536BR Location: United States - North Carolina - Charlotte Area of Interest: Customer Operations Position Type: Full Time
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Orchestrates the design of the learning experience and content by working with the L&D Senior Manager and Knowledge Manager in completion learning solutions to support the intended scope of work
Lead design and development of technical, customer service, sales, marketing, Charter Business, and leadership training; serve as creative and planning resource to internal customers and training directors.
Manage design and integration of technical comprehensive curriculum for each training function; ensure each course can be modularized and marketed to different employee groups as needed
Assess clients learning situation, expectations, resources, constraints, learning needs, learning gaps, and task in relation to the organizational mission and goals
Manage development of training programs based on business and performance objectives identified by stakeholders, project managers, clients, and subject matter experts
Manage and direct design and development work of internal staff
Prioritize workload of curriculum development staff
Mentor and coach curriculum development staff
Lead the development of innovative programs that increase customer satisfaction and improve company performance
Design content to support business objectives as needed
Work with clients to secure approval of new and updated curriculum
Manage team escalations and partner with clients to drive resolution
Act as an instructional design subject matter expert
Partner with functional training managers, supervisors, and points of contact to establish train-the-trainer delivery and certification
Manage integration of content, such as product training, across training functions
Research and analyze training options, delivery methods and techniques
Create and implement evaluation plans to demonstrate business impact of all training initiatives
Partner with peers on all curriculum development responsibilities
Maintain current knowledge of latest industry standards, tools, and processes
Keep abreast of current learning and performance strategies, delivery methods, and techniques
Plan and manage all instructional design projects
Collaborate with subject matter experts and conduct training needs assessments
Provide effective implementation of instructional products and programs
Manage external resources to maximize cost effectiveness and quality
Perform other duties as requested by supervisor
Facilitates architecture, design and contribution working sessions to develop and document the end-to-end learning experience
solution for each type of interaction.
Continuously drives leading-edge innovations into the learning experience solutions.
Responsible for re-articulating the vision and requirements that the business sponsor and L&D operations team leadership have defined together and then translates the business requirements into the learning experience requirements commensurate with the
level of service necessary to change target audience behavior.
Facilitates design reviews to include an internal team review with L&D leadership (required approval to move forward) and then a formal review with key stakeholders to ensure solutions meet the requirements.
Oversees the production of learning solutions end-to-end providing coaching and feedback to internal staff to ensure all learning solutions are aligned to well-defined design principles
Provides and supports the role-centric learning designs necessary to ensure the experience is digestible to the learning audience(s).
Collaborates L&D colleagues to ensure consistency of design principles across all learning solutions.
Identifies resource management needs and escalate to leadership to ensure initiatives are properly staffed.
Continuously engages the business stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) end-to-end during the design process to ensure learning solutions are an appropriate balance of sound learning design principles and support of business needs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of instructor-led and self-guided (eLearning) training methodologies and tools
- Demonstrated ability to educate, communicate, negotiate, and influence with all levels of management to produce outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, organize, and facilitate effectively in order to manage multiple projects to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to creatively solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to show good judgment, take initiative, and make decisions to accomplish job duties
- Demonstrate an ability to work closely with peers to ensure successful learning outcomes
- Driven, focused, and oriented to the functional design
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Ability to operate personal computer, spreadsheet application, database, windows
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to lead and manage others
- Knowledge of cable television products and services a plus
- Familiarity with call center and/or customer service knowledge is a plus
- Skills in instructional design methodologies
- Knowledge of a variety of training delivery systems
- Skills in measurement and evaluation of training initiatives
- Skills in teambuilding, relationship building, facilitation and presentation
- Organizational development/change initiatives experience
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.