Editor, Media Ingest - Spectrum News AustinApply Now Date posted 10/18/2019 Requisition Number: 249156BR Location: United States - Texas - Austin Area of Interest: Editorial, News, TV Programming Position Type: Part Time
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a series of 27 hyper-local news and 9 regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged communities.
The Environment: Spectrum News is a 24-hour breaking news network which requires employees who are flexible and available to work various shift, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
Being on our team means … You’re ready to inspire and be inspired! You’re passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers in our local communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
What we’re looking for: The Editor, Media Ingest will ingest media, route video sources, record production elements, and edit media. Employee directly works with inbound and outbound transmission paths for multiple markets through this area of production. This is a full-time, benefited position.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prioritize media based on immediate needs
- Tune in satellite and microwave feeds
- Select proper method of ingest of all feeds
- Ingest and modify elements direct for production
- Edits video in both linear and non- linear formats
- Ensure accuracy of media labeling
- Completes dubs as requested by viewers
- Ensure accuracy of media labeling
- Notify of status of media
- Ensure data attached to media is complete
- Deletes and retains content upon instruction
- Saves all appropriate media into archive system upon instruction
- Works directly with Media Coordinator and Operations Manager for planning and implementation of projects
- Collaborates with editorial, promotions and operational staff on various projects
- Makes certain all video and audio meet quality standards
- Serves as QC for all content generated for cablecast
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- College degree in Broadcast, Journalism, Electronic Media, or related field preferred
- 1-3 years ingest experience preferred. Server Storage knowledge or IT relevance a plus
- 2-4 years of experience in non- linear editing required
- Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
- Varying schedule due to, breaking news and/or daily news coverage requirements
- Provide 24x7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe weather, and schedule conflicts
- Participation in an established on-call rotation
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.