System Administrator - MediaApply Now Date posted 12/26/2019 Requisition Number: 249562BR Location: United States - North Carolina - Charlotte Area of Interest: Ad Sales, Information Technology Services, Systems Engineer Position Type: Full Time
Deploys the release of new technologies as well as designs, installs, configures, maintains and performs system integration testing of PC/server operating systems, related utilities and hardware. Administers applications supporting all Charter divisions.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Diagnoses hardware and software problems and replaces defective component
- Performs data backups and disaster recovery operations
- Responsible for troubleshooting server problems as reported by users
- Researches, evaluates and recommends software and hardware products
- Supports Web access and electronic messaging services and maintains a secure systems environment
- Provides new hardware specifications to users based on application needs and anticipated growth; installs new servers and maintains the server infrastructure
- Defines procedures for monitoring and evaluates, diagnoses and establishes work plans to resolve system issues
- Performs troubleshooting for complex hardware, software and network problems
- Works on multiple projects as a project team member
- Supports media management through internal methods and procedures or through offsite storage and retrieval services
- Develops and promotes standard operating procedures
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Must be proficient in MS Office
Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with all levels of business users in a professional manner
Ability to lift 40 lbs
Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
Ability to perform after hours tasks
Increased knowledge and ability to make decisions around service ticket requests utilizing software such as Remedy
Intermediate level knowledge of system administration tasks and ability to perform more advanced research and recommend approaches for resolution
BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent work experience
Related Work Experience
5 + years of related IT work experience.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.