Business (Financial) Planning Analyst - Spectrum NetworksApply Now Date posted 10/27/2019 Requisition Number: 250057BR Location: United States - California - El Segundo Area of Interest: Business Development Position Type: Full Time
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a growing organization, home of 27 Local News Channels nationwide and 9 Local/Regional Sports Channels, inclusive of 3 Los Angeles based Sports Networks. Spectrum Networks is the news and sports division of Charter Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: CHTR), the leading broadband communications company and the second-largest cable operator in the United States.
The Environment: Spectrum News is a 24-hour breaking news network which requires employees who are flexible and available to work various shift, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
Being on our team means … You’re ready to inspire and be inspired! You’re passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers in our local communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
What we’re looking for: The Business Planning Analyst administers the financial planning and analysis of assigned business units/functional areas in support of the Regional Sports Networks.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Validates and interprets financial results
- Forecasts/Budgets production costs, overhead, capital projects, and affiliate revenues
- Manages amortization schedules, accruals, and reclasses
- Completes month-end close process, working with the central accounting group
- Creates standard and ad-hoc financial reports as necessary (MTD, YTD, QTR, etc.)
- Analyzes headcount, overtime, PCards, Meeting Cards, T/E, and freelance labor
- Identifies inaccuracies/inefficiencies, advises management of causes, initiates corrective action
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Knowledge of Hyperion, Essbase, JD Edwards, Medea is a plus
- Complex Excel modeling experience is a plus
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Self-starter with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadline
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a variety of sources, including upper management and clients
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Degree in Finance/Accounting or related area
- Minimum of 2-3 years of related experience
- Experience in broadcast television strongly preferred
- Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
- Sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands, fingers to operate computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other compute components
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.