Network Engineer III - Data CenterApply Now Date posted 10/01/2019 Requisition Number: 250260BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering, Network Operations, Technical Operations Position Type: Full Time
Charter is proud to have a network that provides service to millions of users across the country. The Network Engineering team is responsible for the implementation of approved network architecture and designs. The NE III l- Data Center leads in the planning, forecasting, implementation and identification of resource requirements for network systems of high complexity. As a member of the team, you will design and establish network enhancements using Juniper SRX and Cisco ASA firewalls while following corporate standards. You will be sought after for recommendations for improvement and lead in staff development efforts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead network planning, network architecture design and engineering using ASA firewalls and F5 load balancers
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations.
- Evaluates new products, performs network problem resolution.
- Leads in the development and documentation of technical standards and implements approved methods of procedure.
- Designs corporate standards and develops network enhancements
- Works on one or more projects as a team leader.
- Provides tier support across organizations.
- Acts as a mentor to junior staff
- Knows, understands and follows company policy.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, and / or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum five (5) years network engineering experience
- Minimum three (3) years experience with Cisco and/or Juniper
- At least three (3) years of Data network experience
- Advanced knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Physical Media (Multimode Fiber, Singlemode Fiber, UTP, etc.), bridging, switching, routing, ethernet and transport technologies and protocols
- Experience wih network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology
- TCP/IP and the OSI Model
- Advanced knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to support the current operations
- Experience in etwork devices and basic network appliances
- Advanced knowledge of network designing software, such as Visio
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Knowledge of company products and service
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc)
- Office Environment
- May work in Network Lab environment
- 24X7 Network Operations environment
- Occasional travel as required
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.