Strategic Sales Engineer II – Spectrum EnterpriseApply Now Date posted 01/18/2020 Requisition Number: 250819BR Location: United States - California - Cerritos Area of Interest: Enterprise Sales, Information Technology Services Position Type: Full Time
- Are you a motivated sales engineer skilled at detailed evaluations of client networks and recommending simple solutions for their business needs?
- Can you commit to a technical position empowering sales teams with pre-sale activities and post-sale technical consultations for our technology solutions?
- Do you desire a competitive salary with lucrative benefits and a focus on professional development?
As an experienced Sales Engineer, you have strong requirements gathering skills that you use to architect innovative network solutions and exceed client expectations. Through your expertise and understanding of each client’s needs, you outline uniquely beneficial combinations of Private Networking Solutions based on MEF standards and Voice solutions. You improve sales with persuasive written abilities that showcase the benefits of our services.
- Competitive Salary with Bonus
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- 100% Company Match 401(k) up to 6%
- Company Funded Retirement Accumulation Plan for an additional 3%
- Education Assistance
- Pretax Child Care Spending Account
- Paid Holidays, Vacation Days, Personal Days and Sick Days
- Employee Discount on Spectrum Services Where Available
- Be an impactful member of the sales team by supporting all efforts to reach revenue goals and enhance the client experience.
- Craft and review cost-effective proposals based on designs of a client’s current network environment and technical and business requirements.
- Resolve client business issues by designing voice and data network solutions for their applications including the preparation of network topologies and technical specifications.
- Maintain company compliance for prepared client voice and data network solution designs by submitting them to Engineering and Operations and compiling project cost elements.
- Obtain financial client approval by collaborating with Account Executives, Account Managers, and Sales Managers on solution pricing and submission of an Internal Rate of Return (IRR).
- Improve sales by helping clients to understand the benefits of Spectrum Enterprise’s products and services through technical proposal presentations.
- Set up a smooth installation process through the distribution of post-sale documentation and support to installation and project management.
- Support the client integration and implementation of company solutions by providing technical sales support.
- Encourage long-term client retention by answering complex questions during solution design and equipment operation.
- Bolster company-wide sales by presenting technical training to new and existing Account Executives, Account Managers and Sales Support personnel.
- Support team development initiatives by guiding the position Network Engineer I through complex voice and data network solutions.
- Continuously stay at the forefront of emerging trends within the telecommunications industry.
- Five or more years of experience in telecommunications sales engineering and networking
- Knowledgeable of Metro Ethernet including EPL, EVPL, ELAN and LAN and WAN technologies
- Skilled in networking fundamentals related to routers, switches, LAN, MAN, WAN, DS3, OC-x, CSU, DSU and other CPEs
- Detailed knowledge of DNS systems, TCP, IP, firewalls, VPNs or other corporate data security methods.
- Adept with general industry networking technologies such as IP VPN, MPLS, VPLS, VoIP, SONET and DWDM
- Experience with voice networking with an emphasis in VoIP, signaling protocols and PBX
- Expert in routing protocols such as BGP, ISIS, OSPF and RIP as well as emerging technologies
- Proven knowledge of the sales cycle and working closely with sales professionals
- Understanding of business drivers, industry trends and regulatory and technical shifts that impact target markets
- Proven track record of developing long-term business relationships with key decision-makers in large enterprise organizations
- Deadline-driven with the ability to multi-task and manage change
- Consultative approach to providing client solutions and design with strong knowledge of converged multimedia applications
- Expert in technical presentation skills with C-level executives
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Project
- Valid driver’s license, safe driving record and the availability to travel
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, computer science, IT or a related field (preferred)
- CCDA, CCNA, CCNP, CCDP, MEF-CECP certification (preferred)
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.