2020 Summer Intern Program: Corporate Services AnalystApply Now Date posted 10/15/2019 Requisition Number: 251272BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Internship Position Type: Intern
- You’re a motivated rising Junior or above with a 3.0 GPA or higher seeking a degree in one of the following areas listed below from an accredited four-year university:
- Advanced Analytics
- This is a learning-intensive program designed to give you essential business insights and hands-on experience in your field of choice. It’s a full-time, 10-week commitment from May 27, 2020 through July 31, 2020.
- Benefits include professional development sessions, networking opportunities, and mentorship.
Spend a productive summer with Spectrum
You have clear aspirations and are seeking a summer internship program that will help you meet them. Find it at Spectrum, named one of the Top 100 Internship Programs in the United States by WayUp. Our internships are designed to provide first-rate, hands-on experience in the telecommunications industry. We offer opportunities to gain new skills and elevate the ones you already have, all in a robust and forward-thinking business setting. We’ll connect you with people who can give you a better understanding of the industry and help you accomplish real goals you can add to your résumé. The mentorship opportunities and proximity to leadership are benefits with far-reaching potential in your professional education.
It’s about learning and growing
You’re dedicated, and that means your time as much as your effort. This 10-week, 40hr/week internship offers exposure to real-world business. As a Spectrum Intern, you’ll be essential to two teams — your respective department and your Intern peer group. Partner with other accomplished and dedicated interns on research and cross-functional projects. You’ll have an opportunity contribute real value and meaning to the larger organization.
Department and team-focused projects account for about 80% of your schedule. You’ll spend the other 20% on professional development sessions and networking activities, including the Kickoff Conference on May 27 and 28, webinars, community service, and final presentations. As part of a peer community, you’ll contribute to cross-functional group projects, and should be ready to take on new projects as they come up.
What you can expect in this role
- Primary Goal: Develop Alteryx tools and Tableau Dashboards that will be utilized by the Corporate Services leadership team. The project will be related to Fleet, Travel or Real Estate.
- The intern will be analyzing data that is supplied through various sources (externally and internally).
- They will utilize tools such as Alteryx, Excel, SQL, API's, SharePoint and Tableau. They will be working with key stakeholders from various Charter teams on the project via WebEx, conference calls, email and in-person meetings.
- In addition to their primary project, they will have exposure to other projects that Corporate Services is involved in at that time.
Here’s what it takes to get started
Skills and major experience required for this role include:
- Ability to travel locally to Spectrum Intern development events and activities throughout the program
- Housing and transportation; these are not provided by Spectrum
- Organizational skills
- Oral and written skills
- Problem solving skills
- Project and time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Technical analytical tools such as VBA, SQL, SAS
- Works well in a team environment
- Analytical skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Business Analysis
- Database query languages
- Data science and analytics
- Works well independently
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.