2020 Summer Intern: Product DevelopmentApply Now Date posted 10/17/2019 Requisition Number: 251455BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering, Information Technology Services, Internship Position Type: Intern
- You’re a motivated rising junior or above / graduate-level student with a 3.0 GPA or higher seeking a degree in one of the following areas listed below from an accredited college or university:
- Business Administration
- Computer Information Systems (CIS)
- Data Science
- Information Technology
- Management Information Systems (MIS)
- This is a learning-intensive program designed to give you essential business insights and hands-on experience in your field of choice. It’s a full-time, 10-week commitment from May 27, 2020 through July 31, 2020.
- Benefits include professional development sessions, networking opportunities, and mentorship.
The Spectrum Internship Experience
You have clear aspirations and are seeking a summer internship program that will help you meet them. Find it at Spectrum, named one of the Top 100 Internship Programs in the United States by WayUp.
Our internships are designed to provide:
- Opportunities to gain new skills and elevate the ones you already have, all in a robust and forward-thinking business setting.
- First-rate, hands-on experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Opportunities to connect you with people who can give you a better understanding of the industry and help you accomplish real goals you can add to your résumé, this includes assigning you a formal mentor and interactions with senior executives.
What you can expect in this role
As a Spectrum Intern, you’ll be essential to two teams — your respective department and your Intern peer group. Department and team-focused projects account for about 80% of your schedule. You’ll spend the other 20% on professional development sessions and networking activities, including the Kickoff Conference on May 27 and 28, webinars, community service, cross-functional project, and final presentations.
Internship responsibilities may include
- Provide assistance and support to the Data Product Management team. Specifically, the data networking product management team.
- Determine client needs by gathering, refining, validating, documenting and maintaining complex data for the associated product lines.
- Relay complex business concepts by creating and maintaining discrete trending dashboards for the working and executive teams.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement through data mining and analysis in support of process definitions.
- Ensure successful product or feature launches by modeling and forecasting business trends based on historical data sets and presenting analytics that reflect the client’s experience and usage of new products.
- Improve efficiency through third-party reporting systems and serving as the primary licensed seat holder and liaison.
- Maximize the department through data gap identification and researching methods to fill these gaps.
- Continuously develop, implement, launch and improve new products after applying lessons learned from previous projects.
- Evaluate the user interface for new video streaming clients; performed analysis and audits of channel lineups; and analyzed video service market penetration in selected vertical markets
Potential titles may include
- Product Analyst
- Enterprise Video Product Development Analyst
- Product Development
Here’s what it takes to get started
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited College or University completing a Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Degree
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA or greater in current program
- Ability to travel locally to Spectrum Intern development events and activities throughout the program
- Analytical skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Business Analysis
- Customer service skills
- Organizational skills
- Oral and written skills
- Problem solving skills
- Project and time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- TCP/IP internetworking
- Works well in a team environment
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.