Systems Engineer IV - Administration
Greenwood Village, Colorado
Spectrum’s growth and success in the ever-evolving technological landscape are built on the sophisticated innovations and service reliability our Network Operations groups provide. Video Operations cultivates our dynamic video ecosystem, ensuring smooth transitions from source to satellite to screen. Working groups are dedicated to creating and harnessing cutting-edge streaming and data technologies to smooth and improve the user experience. We engineer complex architecture, offering technical troubleshooting and market support for all of our video products, including hardware, software and related infrastructure.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Entry to Senior
- Travel: Occasional
What makes you successful in Video Operations?
Check out our top traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
Job FunctionDate posted 10/25/2019 Requisition Number: 251966BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering, Network Operations, Systems Engineer, Video Operations Position Type: Full Time
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead in the planning, design, development, implementation, and execution of innovative application and platform solutions related to security, service delivery, data center and service desk management, OSS, and BSS systems.
- Review current systems and present ideas for improvements.
- Follow best practices of software development including the use of design patterns, algorithms, unit testing, peer review, and documentation..
- Maintain and troubleshoot applications.
- Maintain understanding of available technologies and recommend valuable tools and frameworks.
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Perform other duties as requested by Manager.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and / or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of five (5) years experience with VMWare Architecture and Linux/Unix
- Minimum of three (3) years experience with Storage Arrays and Ansible
- Minimum of three (3) years experience with Compute – Dell and HPE hardware
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in Video Control and Distribution Systems
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience with RedHat Cloudforms
- Knowledge of company products and services
- Advanced knowledge of Continuous Integration, System Administration and Unix Administration
- Strong knowledge of HTTP and APIs
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Capable of handling multiple projects and tasks
- Technical understanding of VM Ware Architecture and design, experience with scalable planning of said architecture
- Technical self-starter with the ability to diagnose and resolve issues independently.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
I have always been intrigued with video and how it works, from the satellite to the customer’s home. It’s also really exciting to be a part of team that is working on the future of the internet and TV. Our teams at Spectrum come from a variety of different backgrounds, with people from all over the world. We get the opportunity to learn and work with some of the most talented people in their field.Brandon, Director, Video Operations
I’ve been in my role on the Video Operations team since joining Spectrum 3.5 years ago. My role is to ensure that, when our customers watch our video content, it is available when they want it, where they want it, and how they want it. Our employees have unique skillsets and points of view, which makes for great collaboration and leveraging of top talent. The company fosters an environment of success and progression. We have the tools in place to help everyone succeed.John, Sr. Director, Video Operations
INSIDE NETWORK OPERATIONS
Read about our growing collaborative Network Operations teams.
THIS IS SPECTRUM
Learn about our 98,000 employees, products and services, and advertising solutions offered to 28 million customers in 41 states.
OPPORTUNITY AND INNOVATION
Find a career in advanced technology here.
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans available.
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick and personal time, and holidays.
401(k) Retirement Savings
We provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
We support continuing education for personal and professional growth.
Advancement is a very real and achievable goal.
Training and Certification
Sponsored courses help enhance your skills.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.