Spectrum Manager, Retail SalesApply Now Date posted 10/25/2019 Requisition Number: 252068BR Location: United States - Nevada - Reno Area of Interest: Retail, Sales Position Type: Full Time
The Manager wil be responsible for Supervising a Team of Account Executives for the Retail Partner Sales Channel within a specified geographic territory. The Manager will lead the Team directives & stategies to drive growth with existing partners and grow the business by adding new partners. Manager is responsible for achieving monthly, quarterly and annual sales growth and acquisition goals.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Prospect - Market Development – Direct, train, coach & drive the Account Executive Team to add new partners by actively prospecting through cold calls, lead, networking, and visits. Convert opportunities by presenting and selling the Charter Authorized Retail Partner Program.
- Negotiate – Be readily available to join in all important partner contract agreements & review the team’s ability to negotiate and execute all agreements with authorized retailers to actively display/sell Charter services. Ensure all required documentation is completed.
- Relationships - Build and maintain relationships with key partner owners & management team. Conduct site visits with key partners to strengthen the partnership and promote growth within the program.
- Training – Direct training activities to grow the sales team & collaborate on presentations for the dealer partner to educate and train their sales representatives in the sale and promotion of Charter products. Develop your sales team to become the company expert on product knowledge, product mix, coverage area and pricing. Ensure all promotions and changes in rates and activation procedures have been communicated. Maintain dealer compliance on program rules and restrictions.
- Customer Service – Foster a culture that provides superior customer service by resolving billing and/or service problems for assigned accounts and their customers. Deliver ongoing customer support to the dealers including address maintenance, issue tracks, sales claims, and sales offer issues.
- Administrative - Assure clear, accurate and timely communications, both written and verbal, to Senior Channel Management, to the AE Team and as a secondary source for our Retail Partners. Have a regular reporting regimen to include the status of potential Dealers in the recruiting process; Dealer on-boarding; increasing Market penetration. Perform regular reviews with Team Members to assess results and operational standards to include reporting in Salesforce.
- Culture - Demonstrate company values, foster continuous learning and development, move team forward through change and create a positive work environment where employees are able to enhance their skills and maximize their potential through coaching, training and objective performance management. Provide guidance, monitor and manage the enforcement of all Company policies. Implemention and coordination of on-going Recognition Program for Team Members and Retail Partners.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
Ability to use personal computer and software applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheet, etc. )
Ability to work independently
Ability to work with others to resolve problems, handle requests or situations
Demonstrates ability to perform sales and demonstration presentations
Knowledge of cable television products and services
Bilingual (Spanish) helpful but not required.
College coursework in sales and/or marketing, or equivalent experience
Related Work Experience
2 years: Account Management experience
3 years: Outside sales experience
2 years: Industry specific experience in cable, internet, and telephony products
Certifications and/or Licenses
Valid driver's license and car
Approximately 75% of time spent acquiring new business both outside and in an office environment.
Approximately 25% of the time managing existing Authorized Retailer to grow the business.
Some weekend and evening work
Traveling including possible overnight stays
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.