Sales Engineer II, Carrier Access - Spectrum EnterpriseApply Now Date posted 10/28/2019 Requisition Number: 252023BR-2 Location: United States - New York - New York Area of Interest: Enterprise Sales, Information Technology Services Position Type: Full Time
- Are you a client-focused technical expert talented in supporting the sales of Layer 2 Ethernet services to wholesale carrier accounts?
- Can you commit to a technical position evaluating client networks and providing cost-effective business solutions?
- Do you desire a competitive salary with lucrative benefits and a focus on professional development?
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- 100% Company Match 401(k) up to 6%
- Company Funded Retirement Accumulation Plan for an Additional 3%
- Education Assistance
- Pretax Child Care Spending Account
- Paid Holidays, Vacation Days, Personal Days and Sick Days
- Employee Discount on Spectrum Services Where Available
- Be an empowering member of the Carrier Access sales team by providing technical expertise to support the achievement of monthly sales and revenue goals.
- Support a successful sales cycle by evaluating the status and performance needs of current client networks and make recommendations for improvement.
- Consult with prospective clients and grow key relationships within national accounts by developing standard and non-standard solutions that address client requirements.
- Develop unique product offerings through collaboration with Network Engineering, Operations, Product and IT teams and serve as the subject matter expert (SME) for data services providing proof of concept and solutions.
- Entice clients by creating technical and product presentations, network designs, and formal proposal responses for key decision-makers and provide regular communications.
- Drive the sales process by drafting strategic responses to requests for information (RFIs) and requests for proposals (RFPs).
- Meet compliance with state, federal and company policies and procedures for all projects.
- Continuously improve product offerings by researching industry knowledge and emerging technology trends.
- Develop key sales skills by attending sales meetings and participating in training sessions.
- Perform additional duties related to this position as assigned.
- Five or more years of telecommunication networking or systems integrator experience
- Proven experience selling to Tier 1 and Tier 2 providers
- Strong knowledge of Data Layer 2 Networking communications, IP security strategies, Converging technologies and Broadband
- Experience with IP-VPN, DWDM, MPLS/VPLS, Metro Ethernet, DIA, optical/wave solutions, IP Transit, LAN/WAN integration and SDN/NFV concepts
- Familiarity with complex Layer 2 Ethernet Networks including MEF standard E-Access, E-LINE and E-LAN, MPLS, Dedicated Internet Access, IP Transit and optical solutions
- Skilled at networking across departments and working effectively with boundary partners
- Deadline-driven with the ability to multi-task and manage change within a team environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio
- Valid driver’s license, a safe driving record and availability to travel
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Five or more years of field experience in pre-sales in telecommunications or cable industry
- Knowledge of Cisco, Juniper and Adva network equipment
- Positive attitude and confidence when presenting technical information to high-level clients
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Coachable with a proven ability to work independently
- Familiar with Spectrum Enterprise product suite
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, computer science or a related field, or an equivalent combination of training, education and experience (required)
- Cisco, Juniper, ALU certifications (preferred)
- MEF-CEP (preferred)
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.