National Sales Manager - Ad SalesApply Now Date posted 10/30/2019 Requisition Number: 252271BR-1 Location: United States - Ohio - Dayton Area of Interest: Ad Sales, Enterprise Sales, Outside Sales, Sales Position Type: Full Time
Spectrum Reach (www.spectrumreach.com) grows businesses of all sizes with custom, multiscreen advertising solutions, backed by the power of TV, data, innovation, community experts, and unforgettable creative.
Spectrum Reach is the advertising sales division of Charter Communications, Inc. The company offers custom solutions for the modern media landscape utilizing national cable networks, internet advertising and promotional events supported by marketing, research and award-winning creative services. Spectrum Reach applies insightful research to understand consumer behavior and build targeted, multi-screen media plans personalized for each customer.
With offices in 41 states and 147 markets, Spectrum Reach covers over 27 million households throughout the country. From traditional commercial advertising to exciting new possibilities in interactive media and multi-screen solutions, Spectrum Reach’s consultative team brings advertisers effective, efficient ways to turn our audiences into their customers.
The National Sales Manager will be responsible for selling small to medium size market clusters for Spectrum Reach national advertising. Responsible for achieving annualized budgeted revenues and national sales execution for market(s). The National Sales Manager will also work cross-functionally with NCC Media, Account Planners, regional networks and functional groups to meet and exceed client and organizational needs.
Essential Position Functions
- Execution of sales plans for NCC, Spectrum Reach enterprise clients, and regional networks
- Execution of sales efforts in optimizing and achieving sales performance to goals
- Collaborates and works cross functionally with functional groups including Marketing, Client Solutions and, Digital product teams
- Development of key relationships with clients and major accounts within TWC footprint and developing sales strategies to attract, retain and grow key clients
- Development of Spectrum's relationship with cable nets in maintaining the balance between the needs of the clients and strategic business objectives of Spectrum Reach
- Assessment, refinement and development of Spectrum Reach in meeting long term business goals and objectives with an emphasis on talent, processes and structure
- Execution of sales strategies in meeting and exceeding sales goals
- Cultivate relationships with agency media buyers and direct national partners to grow existing sponsorships and develop new business
- Manage day to day activities of unwired spots including but not limited to: supplying all necessary sales materials; developing and updating rate card; presenting sales strategy; pitching business to prospective clients, and account maintenance
- Review CMR reports on a monthly basis with rep firm management to identify accounts and develop strategy to convert to national cable advertising
- Requires a minimum of 10+ years of media sales experience, with 2+ years at a manager level capacity preferred
- Requires experience working with major advertising agencies
- Working knowledge of sales reporting and systems; Strata and/or Eclipse knowledge preferred
- Exceptional customer relationship skills required, at all levels of an organization
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills and presentation skills a must
- Cable and broadcast television experience preferred
- Working knowledge of cable and broadcast advertising research tools
- Evening client entertaining, often on nights and weekends required
- National travel required
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or University; or equivalent combination of education and work experience. MBA preferred
Driving is a requirement for this position. Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License and safe driving record
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.