Systems Engineer IV - Hybrid Infrastructure
Greenwood Village, Colorado
Spectrum’s growth and success in the ever-evolving technological landscape are built on the sophisticated innovations and service reliability our Network Operations groups provide. Video Operations cultivates our dynamic video ecosystem, ensuring smooth transitions from source to satellite to screen. Working groups are dedicated to creating and harnessing cutting-edge streaming and data technologies to smooth and improve the user experience. We engineer complex architecture, offering technical troubleshooting and market support for all of our video products, including hardware, software and related infrastructure.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Entry to Senior
- Travel: Occasional
What makes you successful in Video Operations?
Check out our top traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
Job FunctionDate posted 10/31/2019 Requisition Number: 252064BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering, Network Operations, Systems Engineer, Video Operations Position Type: Full Time
Video Operations Engineering Spectrum (VOES) is looking for an expert level Engineer to support a large scale hybrid infrastructure comprising of cloud, local and shared platform services and hardware. The individual must have programming experience as well as system administration experience, too.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for specifying, designing, and/or implementing system health, performance monitoring tools, and software management tools for 24x7 environments
- Support a large scale hybrid infrastructure comprising of cloud, local and shared platform services and hardware
- Troubleshoot common and uncommon problems related to the company’s flag ship product, Spectrum Guide
- Will work as part of a distributed engineering team
- Create automation for operationalizing production environments
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of six (6) years of Unix/Linux Administration
- Minimum of six (6) years of Engineering work experience
- Minimum of six (6) years of MSO experience or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience in an Object Oriented programming language and/or scripting language
- High level ability to identify and troubleshoot issues in SQL (Enterprise and/or NOSQL database environments (e.g. Oracle, Mongo, Cassandra)
- Networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- SME level Infrastructure knowledge (UCS, VSphere) and experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box)
- Demonstrate the ability to create detailed documentation describing functionality and understanding of new and existing complex applications.
- Knowledge of choosing the appropriate lifecycle and the planning, monitoring and control of the systems engineering process
- SME level ability to automate deployment and test/validation workflows
- Expert knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to support the current operations, such as Visio.
- Highly skilled Cloud experience, preferably in AWS
- Expert level experience with monitoring systems, automation software (e.g., Puppet, Ansible, Chef) and Version Control Systems (GIT, SVN, RCS, CVS
- Expert level experience with standard services (DNS, DHCP)
- Individuals with background in mathematics or sciences are highly encouraged to apply
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving, analytical and tactical problem solving skills
- The ability to write technical documentation to be referenced by technical peers in a knowledge base
- Able to work in a team environment and work effectively with people with diverse technical skills
- Well versed in configuration management tools
- Production experience in Operations
- Experience with Machine Learning, or linear regression analysis
- AWS Certified, Splunk Fundamentals II, or VMWare certified professional
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
I have always been intrigued with video and how it works, from the satellite to the customer’s home. It’s also really exciting to be a part of team that is working on the future of the internet and TV. Our teams at Spectrum come from a variety of different backgrounds, with people from all over the world. We get the opportunity to learn and work with some of the most talented people in their field.Brandon, Director, Video Operations
I’ve been in my role on the Video Operations team since joining Spectrum 3.5 years ago. My role is to ensure that, when our customers watch our video content, it is available when they want it, where they want it, and how they want it. Our employees have unique skillsets and points of view, which makes for great collaboration and leveraging of top talent. The company fosters an environment of success and progression. We have the tools in place to help everyone succeed.John, Sr. Director, Video Operations
INSIDE NETWORK OPERATIONS
Read about our growing collaborative Network Operations teams.
THIS IS SPECTRUM
Learn about our 98,000 employees, products and services, and advertising solutions offered to 28 million customers in 41 states.
OPPORTUNITY AND INNOVATION
Find a career in advanced technology here.
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans available.
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick and personal time, and holidays.
401(k) Retirement Savings
We provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
We support continuing education for personal and professional growth.
Advancement is a very real and achievable goal.
Training and Certification
Sponsored courses help enhance your skills.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.