Lead Instructional Designer and Content DevelopmentApply Now Date posted 11/22/2019 Requisition Number: 250326BR-1 Location: United States - Florida - Tampa Area of Interest: Content Development, Marketing, Project Management Position Type: Full Time
This Lead Instructional Designer position is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining curricula and programs used to train the team of outside sales representatives (DSRs, MTSRs and SCSAE).
In creating complex instructional design projects, you will conduct needs assessments, select instructional models, design instructional content and the development of instructional materials in consultation with subject matter experts.
In this role you will also curate content and teach experts how to generate and share content. You will ensure that instructional programs are effectively implemented and evaluate content and adjust as required. And you will act as curriculum design subject matter expert.
- Collaborate with leadership team and business subject matter experts for the creation and development of relevant content to elevate skills levels, engagement and motivation of the external sales representatives.
- Design engaging e-learning that enhances business performance
- Partner with the business to create clear learning objectives in support of business goals
- Design and develop high-quality learning content to meet the needs of the supported audience
- Conduct reviews of training materials to ensure learning objectives are met
- Provide enhancements and revisions to existing materials and content based on SME/Stakeholder feedback
- Maintain current knowledge of the latest industry tools and processes
- Collaborate with assigned peers, Manager(s) and/or Director(s) to create quality training deliverables
- Actively participate and/or facilitate in in-person or virtual meetings as needed to support learning projects
- Maintain accurate status of projects, milestones, and tasks in the team project tracking tool
- Diagnose and escalate risks to design projects to appropriate L&D leaders and stakeholders
- Design and develop comprehensive learning solutions, incorporating multiple deliverables, to meet business and performance objectives
- Create and implement evaluation plans to demonstrate the business impact of training initiatives
- Achieve and model team quality standards in all aspects of learning design
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Proactively partner with internal customers to determine performance and training needs
- Identify and use a variety of media formats in the design and development of curriculum
- Design and develop innovative learning that leverages technology effectively to address business performance and learning needs
- Design instruction that reflects an understanding of the diversity of learners and groups of learners
- Manage external resources to maximize cost effectiveness and quality
- Apply business skills to managing instructional design
- Promote collaboration, partnerships, and relationships among the participants of a project
- Serve as a mentor and/or knowledge resource to less experienced designers
- Develop partner relationships with SMEs and stakeholders to ensure that training is meeting expectations beyond initial implementation
- Lead large-scale, high-profile learning projects
- Serve as creative and planning resource to internal customers
- Identify improvements to team processes and champion their implementation
- Serve as an authoritative resource on technical and process related issues.
- Act as curriculum design subject matter expert to include providing feedback to other curriculum developers and training delivery instructors
- Communicate outcomes, risks, and follow ups that result from train the trainer activities to appropriate Stakeholders
- Anticipate client needs by managing complex, long-term client relationships
- Promote a high-impact service culture by engaging and advanced consulting with key stakeholders
- Create training and content that is consistently innovative, highly engaging, and utilizes the most advanced techniques and technology available, with a demonstrable impact on business results
- Perform other duties as requested
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Critical thinking and analytical skills
Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel, including Executives
Ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Skilled in multimedia curriculum development, as well as graphic design, video editing, and animation
Ability to evaluate the viability of new technologies, tools, and platforms for use in the company
Ability to drive adoption of new learning technologies and platforms
Ability to train and advise internal and external partners on the use and selection of design tools, deliverable options, graphic design, and delivery platforms
Ability to determine technical proficiency benchmarks for the organization
Bachelor’s degree in Education, Adult Learning or equivalent experience
7+ years Instructional Design and development experience
3 + years project management, leadership experience
Knowledge of cable television products and services a plus
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.