Financial Analyst (Field Operations Business Planning)Apply Now Date posted 01/30/2020 Requisition Number: 252727BR Location: United States - New York - Brooklyn Area of Interest: Finance and Accounting, Information Technology Services Position Type: Full Time
Supports the operational and financial planning and analysis needs of business units, and provides integrated analysis of financial and operational metrics.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the internal and external customer experience.
- Reviews operating and capital expense entries of assigned business units, and understands the correlation of expenses associated with monthly activity, as well as the timing of projects.
- Assists in and/or coordinates the development of area’s annual operating and capital expense budget and quarterly forecasts.
- Completes audit tasks/SOX testing as required.
- Provides financial analysis and support for assigned business units: reviews and provides commentary for monthly operating and capital expense results and accruals. Analysis categories may include headcount/staffing, capital project, capital labor, lost CPE, materials issuance and/or other relevant operating or performance analysis.
- Assists in the month end close review, ensuring that assigned accruals are accurate and complete as directed. Provides input for the monthly review of expenses and capital to budget and forecast, and explains variances with operational analytics and insight to assigned business unit leadership and the finance group.
- Special projects and ad hoc analysis as needed and performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Solid financial management skills, including forecasting, budgeting, and planning
- Importance of meeting milestone and deadlines
- A keen business acumen
- Strong analytic, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple priorities, and anticipate and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or related equivalent experience
Related Work Experience
2-3 years of general ledger Accounting work experience
2-3 years of financial analysis, budget and forecasting preparation experience
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Self-motivated, with mix of entrepreneurial and controllership skills
- Strong knowledge of MIS, with heavy emphasis on Excel
- Knowledge of JD Edwards general ledger software
1+ years of industry related Accounting work experience
Office environment, some travel
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.