Manager Sales OperationsApply Now Date posted 11/07/2019 Requisition Number: 251989BR Location: United States - Connecticut - Stamford Area of Interest: Billing Operations, Project Management, Sales Position Type: Full Time
The Manager of Sales Operations provides tool support and virtualization strategies and project management support to multiple sales channels with customized sales support models.
In this role you will collaborate with sales managers to ensure understanding and adherence of sales and sales support policies and to address and resolve issues. You'll ensure adherence to Charter policies and processes, correct utilization of tools and systems, and accurate and complete information is captured and reflected in contracts and sales orders. You will recommend changes to policies and establish procedures that affect Sales Operations and ensure accuracy, speed and volume performance goals are met.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience and attain revenue goals.
- Collaborate with sales leadership to ensure understanding of and compliance with sales policies and procedures.
- Identify and develop ways to enhance sales support.
- Collaborate with sales and service delivery teams to refine processes.
- Serve as subject matter expert to assist development and implementation of new products, processes and systems.
- Identify issues and drive resolutions.
- Conduct calibration sessions with other Charter Business personnel to promote quality and process compliance and to improve department performance.
- Design and manage internal control procedures.
- Manage a portfolio of special projects, including data gathering, analysis, planning, presenting to senior department management, implementation, and post-implementation impact assessment.
- Take into account the impact of decisions on other departments.
- Assist with business plans and strategies.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently
- Knowledge of cable television, internet, phone, fiber, PRI, bulk, and other advanced services
- Advanced knowledge of sales tools, CRM platforms and billing systems CSG, ICOMS, and other related software
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of interrelationships and dependencies of sales, Sales Operations, service delivery, field operations and customer service supporting both coax- and fiber-based services
- Knowledge and understanding of sales and marketing strategies
- Demonstrates judgment, initiative and sense of urgency to accomplish job duties
- Prioritize, organize and handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, while working calmly, quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment with multiple, sometimes shifting priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a can-do attitude, diplomatic approach, confident and comfortable around peers and senior leadership team
- Proven communicator – excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective team player with proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally across organizations, disciplines, and geographies to accomplish business goals while achieving project deliverables against budget and milestones
- Demonstrates ability to anticipate company and department needs; to think strategically, act tactically, and solve problems quickly and independently
- Well versed in analyzing data and qualitative information as a foundation to effectively evolve programs
- Ability to translate and synthesize data and complex information into compelling narrative
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems collaboratively while working under pressure
- Creative and able to develop out-of-the box solutions
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project
Bachelor's degree in Business, Analytics, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or equivalent experience.
Related Work Experience
3 years: CRM and Billing Platform (CSG, ICOMS, etc.) experience
2+ years: Business analysis and requirements writing experience
3 years: Project management experience
2 years: Management experience
4 years: Telecommunications or cable industry experience
4 year Bachelor's degree
Flexibility to work extended hours
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.