Principle Engineer II - MediaApply Now Date posted 11/23/2019 Requisition Number: 253148BR Location: United States - Missouri - St Louis Area of Interest: Ad Sales, Engineering, Information Technology Services, Network Engineering Position Type: Full Time
Responsible for engineering activities that maintain and enhance the company's data processing hardware, software and systems. Works closely with technical operations staff on system design and configuration. Advanced technical and design skills. Collaborates with the design teams and advises team leaders.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Assigned complex and critical projects that involve several technical systems and constituents.
- Designs, implements, monitors, enhances and troubleshoots systems in assigned areas.
- Analyzes and revises existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary.
- Tests and reviews system designs.
- Provides Engineering Technical support and guidance to regional personnel and ensure all technical integration, changes, standards and documentation are met.
- Mentors and guides the work of senior technical staff.
- Reviews work plans and designs and advises on improvements.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Knows, understands and follows company policy.
- Performs other duties as requested by manager
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of massively parallel processing systems (i.e., Teradata, Netezza, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge in data model design and data architecture
- Advanced knowledge in AWS, Google Cloud or Azure
- Advanced knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to support the current operations
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications
Masters or Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field or related work experience
Related Work Experience
10+ years Engineering work experience
10+ years Project management work experience
Knowledge of company products and services
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.