SMB Telesales SupervisorApply Now Date posted 11/13/2019 Requisition Number: 253089BR Location: United States - South Carolina - Simpsonville Area of Interest: Customer Service, Inside Sales, Sales Position Type: Full Time
The SpectrumSupervisor, SMB Telesales, will oversee a team of Outbound Telesales Representatives dedicated to servicing Spectrum Business’ existing customers and new business acquisition prospects. Primary duties include effectively managing sales efforts for adding new customer acquisitions, bundling company products, and adding additional primary service units (PSUs) to existing Spectrum Business Customers. The Supervisor, SMB Telesales is responsible for the coaching and development of Telesales Representatives and maintaining all aspects of the outbound telemarketing operating structure, specifically leading their team towards achieving sales quotas and increasing base customer Primary Service Units (PSUs). A successful Telesales Supervisor will effectively lead a team that regularly exceeds assigned sales quota objectives and builds/maintains a strong customer experience. The Telesales Supervisor will provide leadership to their team that allows for achievement of desired sales objectives, operational enhancements, process compliance and collaboration within their team and across the sales channel.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop outbound lead strategy to optimize and maximize contacts to drive sales with strong list yield.
- Actively and consistently support efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Coach, train and lead a team of Telesales Representatives to increase productivity and maintain sales goals.
- Set goals and objectives for the assigned Telesales Representatives.
- Identify and implement ways to increase productivity and performance for the Telesales Representatives.
- Ensure Telesales Representatives are sufficiently trained in the necessary functions and products in order to guarantee all work is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Work with management to track and improve representative and lead performance as it pertains to sales quotas and retention of the assigned base of customers.
- Motivate the assigned Telesales Reps to be accountable for exceeding individual and team sell-in, adherence, quality, and customer service established goals.
- Design and implement department programs to motivate and recognize employees on a daily basis.
- Support recruitment and training efforts to develop and retain a strong sales force.
- Effectively manage day to day attendance tracking, policy adherence, and escalation resolution and performance issues.
- Effectively utilize operational processes, data, reports and programs to maximize department, campaign and individual results.
- Ensure continuous individual and team competence by providing optimum selection, training, development, appraisal and motivation techniques and tools.
- Generate sustained incremental sales through problem identification and increasing Telesales Representative development.
- Oversee the implementation of new products, campaigns and technologies.
- Exercise multi-tasking skills when volume and workload exceed expectations.
- Interface with other departments through written and verbal communication to identify and implement process improvements.
- Serve as back up for the Outbound Dialer and become subject matter expert to help close performance gaps
- Handle escalations as required within a 24 hour SLA and sooner if required by management
- Perform other duties as required.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to lead and motivate a high performing sales team while providing the best solutions for Spectrum Business customers.
- Ability to work independently; highly motivated and detail-oriented.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear, straightforward and professional manner.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong decision making and ability work collaboratively with others
- Knowledge of commercial Internet, video and data and telephone products and services
- Adaptable to flexible schedules based on business needs
- Familiarity with ICOMS, CSG, ATLAS, Salesforce and/or other call tracking software is a plus
- Ability to use a personal computer and demonstrate proficiency with software applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook, etc. for the purposes of communicating, data analysis, and reporting.
Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, related field or equivalent experience.
Related Work Experience
- Experience with customer interaction in a business-to-business environment.
- Experience with processes in a call center sales environment including dispatch, field, and back office.
- 2+ years of sales experience in an MSO or telecommunications Industry
- 2+ year of management experience (Can be supplemented with College Degree)
- Office work environment where employee may need to be seated for long periods of time while using a telephone headset and computer.
- Exposure to moderate noise levels
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.