Manager, Billing DesignApply Now Date posted 01/08/2020 Requisition Number: 253690BR Location: United States - North Carolina - Charlotte Area of Interest: Billing Operations, Customer Operations Position Type: Full Time
The primary purpose of this position is to manage a team of billing system analysts in the billing system. Position is responsible for developing and maintaining of system processes (automation) outside and within the billers. The manager is also responsible for the management of Business Request Form (BRF’s) and BDS. Job requires management of multiple projects at one time on a consistent basis. Position includes communicating with all levels both within the IT billing organization and other user departments. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
Manage a team of technical design analysts
Meet with and participate in meetings related to Billing product launches and system changes.
Advise on methods to improve business processes and Billing related changes.
Manage BRF & BRD requests that apply to any changes made in the Billing system as it relates to Design and Product launches.
This may include automation such as applying credits, changes to accounts, audit data pulls, ensure system validation of Billing
Changes made and proper documentation associated with changes, and miscellaneous items.
Ensure compliance of all audit requirements.
Assures timely completion of all assigned projects, and that the results are of a consistently high quality that meet the business needs
Work closely with the support team to ensure that configuration changes input to the billing system are implemented as approved.
Research and resolve requests (tickets) from end users and market representatives that relate to billing issues.
Works cooperatively with other department resources to accomplish objectives.
Interact and communicate effectively with IT and other Charter departments in the company.
Perform other duties as requested or assigned by management.
Skills/Ability and Knowledge
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to define key performance indicators/metrics
- Ability to effectively analyze and interpret data
- Ability to show judgment and initiative to accomplish job duties
- Ability to document, prepare, and deliver data-driven presentations
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
- Ability to think strategically and anticipate future trends, needs and expectations.
- Must have well-established business knowledge of both the industry and the company.
- Ability to supervise and motivate others
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with peers and project members
- Ability in implementing program and project plans and monitor progress, resource usage and quality
- Thorough understanding and ability to manage complex program and project budgets
- Thorough knowledge in conducting risk assessments and developing plans for eliminating or mitigating the risks identified
- Billing system knowledge and experience required
- Working knowledge of Process Management
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, technical, or related field, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of Management experience
- 5+ years of Billing system code configurations (including prerequisites)
- 5+ years of Billing system experience related to campaigns, rates, packages, taxes
- 5+ years of Database reporting tools, queries, SQL, macros
- 7+ years of ICOMS/CSG experience preferred
- Office environment
- Exposure to moderate noise levels
- Travel required
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.