Network Engineer IV - CORE IP
Greenwood Village, Colorado
Spectrum’s growth and success in the ever-evolving technological landscape are built on the sophisticated innovations and service reliability our Network Operations groups provide. Core and Backbone (CBO) builds and maintains the structures that allow our advanced platforms and applications to function at peak capability. CBO Verticals run the network, preparing for installation by utilizing our Operations, Data Center, Optical, and DNT divisions. Our protocols keep our advanced programming running efficiently, creating a seamless customer experience.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Entry to Senior
- Travel: Occasional
What makes you successful in Core and Backbone?
Check out our top traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
Job FunctionDate posted 11/26/2019 Requisition Number: 253537BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering, Network Operations, Technical Operations Position Type: Full Time
Charter is proud to have a network that provides service to millions of users across the country. The NE IV leads in the planning, forecasting, implementation and identification of resource requirements for network systems of varying (moderate to high) complexity. Follows corporate standards, develops and implements network enhancements and makes recommendations for improvement. Responsible for implementation of approved network architecture and designs. Leads in staff development efforts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads in network planning, network architecture design and engineering.
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations.
- Evaluates new products, performs network problem resolution.
- Assists in the development and documentation of technical standards.
- Implements approved methods of procedure, and assists in designing corporate standards, develops and implements network enhancements and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Works on projects/systems/issues of varying complexity surrounding network planning, configuration and optimization.
- Provides tier support across organizations.
- Works on one or more projects as a project team member, regularly as a project team lead.
- Acts as a mentor to junior staff
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum six (6) years of network engineering experience
- Minimum four (4) years of experience with Cisco and/or Juniper.
- Minimum four (4) years of Data network experience
- Ability to produce MOPS and BOMS
- Advanced knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Physical Media (Multimode Fiber, Singlemode Fiber, UTP, etc.), bridging, switching, routing, ethernet and transport technologies and protocols
- Experience with network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology
- TCP/IP and the OSI Model
- Advanced knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to support the current operations
- Experience with network devices and basic network appliances
- Strong experience with network designing software, such as Visio
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP or CCIP or CCIE)
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc.)
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
I have enjoyed my time at Spectrum for several reasons. I am first and foremost appreciative of the inclusive environment. You have the opportunity to be involved in as many projects and policy discussions as you choose, along with day-to-day projects. Our leadership sees the value of both and is appreciative of all contributions. Spectrum also sees value in employee development and provides programs for both educational and technical growth. I have seen team leaders encourage all team members to take advantage of these programs and support individuals’ efforts to grow. I enjoy the exposure to technology. We engineers we have the opportunity to discuss, learn, and work with some of the most advanced technology available in the marketplace.Robert, Network Engineer III
In my 25 years of working in the cable/telecom industry, Spectrum has been the best environment. I believe it is due to the diversified work force, training opportunities, and emphasis on teamwork among senior and junior engineers. I believe my fellow engineers would agree that we have the opportunity to discuss, learn, and work with some of the most advanced technology available. And Spectrum provides great benefits! Looking back over the years, I can’t think of a better place to work.Michael, Network Engineer IV
INSIDE NETWORK OPERATIONS
Read about our growing collaborative Network Operations teams.
THIS IS SPECTRUM
Learn about our 98,000 employees, products and services, and advertising solutions offered to 28 million customers in 41 states.
OPPORTUNITY AND INNOVATION
Find a career in advanced technology here.
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans available.
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick and personal time, and holidays.
401(k) Retirement Savings
We provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
We support continuing education for personal and professional growth.
Advancement is a very real and achievable goal.
Training and Certification
Sponsored courses help enhance your skills.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.