Supervisor, Construction Fiber (Greenpoint, BK)Apply Now Date posted 12/18/2019 Requisition Number: 252210BR Location: United States - New York - Brooklyn Area of Interest: Construction, Field Technician Position Type: Full Time
Coordinate construction Fiber efforts through in-house and contract labor for new construction, maintenance and rebuild projectst. Responsible for safety and quality of work performed within the construction department. Responsible for the hiring, training, development, and performance management of staff.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Coordinate with engineers and developers in designing the plant; draw and sketch installation and location of equipment and cable; complete bill of materials (BOM) needed for planned construction.
- Monitor contractor performance and ensure adherence to terms and conditions of agreements.
- Perform site inspections for quality control for in house and contract labor.
- Reconcile submitted invoices to work completed in the field.
- Coordinate permitting and make-ready process.
- Communicate with Manager or designated delegate to provide updates about construction progress.
- Review and process damage claims.
- Establish positive employee relations through effective communication and ongoing support.
- Adhere to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Know, understand and follow company policies.
- Perform other duties as requested by manager.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- Ability to supervise and motivate others
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheet, etc.)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of company products and services
- Ability to use the following hand tools electric drills, hammers, wrenches, screwdrivers
- Ability to walk over all types of terrain in all kinds of weather while carrying tools and equipment, including gaffs, ladders, and fully loaded tool belts
- Ability to safely use weight-bearing equipment (such as gaffs, safety harness and ladders) within the maximum weight limitations of that equipment
- Ability to accurately measure distances, using tapes or other measuring devices
- Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approx. 32 ft high and 90 pounds)
- Ability to climb poles using gaffs, hooks and climbing belt as needed
- Ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires
- Ability to make cable connections in tight spaces by bending, reaching, twisting
- Ability to operate appropriate computer or test equipment associated with position (e.g. signal level meters, ohm meters, etc.)
- Ability to perform job from high places (i.e. poles and roofs)
- Ability to work while standing 50 - 70% of the time
- Ability to work with small components and wires to make cable connections
- Ability to use handheld communication devices and applications
- Ability to dig in all types of soil
- Ability to drive Company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner
- Ability to operate machinery used for underground/overhead cable installation
- Ability to read general to complex system layouts from blueprints
- Knowledge of basic mathematics and electronics
- Knowledge of National Electric Code and National Electrical Safety Code
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience
- Associates degree in electronics or related field, or equivalent experience
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (NCTI, SCTE, BCT/E)
Related Work Experience
3+ years construction work experience
1+ years Leadership experience
Certifications and/or Licenses
Valid driver's license with satisfactory driving record within Company required standards
- Office and field environment
- Work indoors in confined space, poorly ventilated areas such as attics, basements, crawlspaces and/or manholes
- Exposure to dust, dirt, noise, insects, rodents, pets, and cleaning solutions
- Work outdoors in all kinds of weather and at all times of the day or night
- Work performed near power lines and electricity
- Work performed at various heights above ground on telephone/power poles
- Work and travel in inclement weather
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.