Vice President Optical Networks - Core & BackboneApply Now Date posted 12/05/2019 Requisition Number: 254514BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering, Network Operations, Project Management, Technical Operations Position Type: Full Time
- Oversees the design, implementation, maintenance, enhancement and troubleshooting of optical transport engineering and related equipment requirements.
- Provides engineering support and direction for new or existing technologies and current operational initiatives.
- Evaluates and consults with leaders regarding technical operations, strategic planning of optical network, and new product development and deployment.
- Oversees quality of service (QoS) marketing programs for engineering operations and consistent operational procedures.
- Sets the Network Operations plan for Optical Networks according to the Engineering and corporate strategies.
- Ensures field compliance with corporate engineering standards, policies and procedures.
- Manages multi-million dollar budgets; approves related capital expenditures.
- Notifies corporate leadership of regional activities and issues.
- Analyzes performance data to drive improvements through methods and procedures, network management protocols, platform enhancements, and vendor performance management.
- Provides carrier-class network monitoring and supports services to internal and external customers.
- Creates open process for performance improvement opportunities recommended by internal and external customers.
- Creates culture of innovation and continuous drive for performance improvements with direct, matrix and third parity team members and vendor partners.
- Establishes and maintains strong relations with local utilities, vendors, contractors and government agencies.
- Supports the maintenance and enhancement of networks and hardware and software systems that support field business applications.
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Information Systems, or related field and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum twelve (12) years Optical Network experience
- Minimum ten (10) years Engineering Management experience
- Minimum ten (10) years Leadership experience
- Minimum five (5) years Project Management experience
- Advanced knowledge of Optical Networks
- Ability to serve as a visionary and think strategically
- Must be able to lead large change initiatives
- Able to align systems, programs, and people with the company strategy and culture
- Strategic and Organizational agility
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure, and able to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and able to develop, communicate and implement strategies and tactics
- Able to manage and deliver against several initiatives simultaneously and manage cross-functional teams
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English, and communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Strong PC and presentation tool skills including MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Advanced knowledge of company products and services
- MBA and/or certifications in Network Engineering
- Ideal candidate will have fifteen years Network Engineering experience
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.